Eddie-type review: Darth Vader, set 75111

Hello everyone! I’m Eddie, and in this review, I’ll be tearing Darth Vader apart. This is from the Star Wars Large Construction Figures, and it contains 160 pieces (plus around 5-6 spare from the little ones, from each extra, we get only one). This set was released in 2015’s summer wave of sets, and it was around €30, £25 and $30.

Box:
Standard box, nothing new with it, depicts the figure and says “Buildable Figures” on the bottom with two CCBS bones. On the right hand side of the front, down, it has a Disney logo on it, so we know who gave the permission to get this Figure manufactured. On the top, it states the brand (LEGO) and the theme (Star Wars). Near the logo, it has a picture of Luke Skywalker and Darh Vader fighting, straight from the movie. On the back of the box, you can see the figure with a height “chart”, he stands 11’ or 28 cm tall. The back of the box also depicts the other 5 sets, those which came with Darth Vader in this wave.

Building:
The building was very intriguing, I thoroughly enjoyed the building session of this figure, which is quite strange, given the uncommon build. It has really neat solutions, especially in the waist and mid-section of teh figure, which houses a small CCBS torso. The legs have shin-back armour coverage, which is a pro in my viewpoint, but the arms are a tad bit lackluster, consisting from nothing else than just two bones, two armour pieces and an armour add-on. The arms have Pohatu-syndrome, meaning you can move the lower arm in 360°, wherever you want to. The cape is a nice addition, but without it, the figure has a straight back and a mixed colour scheme. The back of the figure is also very good, armoured here and there, showing the 10 or so initial steps of the building process. The head-mold is a really great mold, I often take it off of the figure just to examine the detail-consciousness of the piece. It is, I can safely say, movie-accurate. The lightsaber is awesome addition, I realy like it, though the silver mold of the hilt-pieces are aa little bit off…

Figure in general:
Appearance:2.5/3pts (Without the cape, it has a jumbled back, and has very simplistic arms.)
Build: 3/3pts (I enjoyed the building session, I’ll have my heart broken when I disassemble him.)
Concept: 3/3pts. (Clearly Darth Vader. If you see even the hand, you can tell that it belongs to Darth Vader.)

6 Likes

Some pictures would be nice and would make the review a lot better

1 Like

I’ll make it :smile:

1 Like

Cheers

1 Like

Very good, indepth review.

1 Like

1 Like