Ekimu the Mask Maker (G2 shorts inspired)

Hey guys, back again with a new drawing to share. This time it’s Ekimu the Mask Maker made in a Bionicle G2 short inspired style.

So happy how this came out. The only thing that I would criticize is the hammer, since it’s not like that in the set. I went with this look because when I tried to do it, it looked terrible, so I decided to make the hammer look simple.

Anyways, leave a comment if you have anything to say about it, either good or bad. Hopefully today I’ll be able to post some other work that I’ve done between my absences.

Anyways, take care!

48 Likes

This is really cool.

1 Like

Great job I would love to be able to draw like that.

1 Like

Hard work and lots of practice my friend! If it’s really something that you want to do, work for it! :laughing:

Trust me I try to draw in my spare time, I was gifted with an artist hand. Same with my writing, which it terrible put lightly. My brain works faster than my hand which is why I lack drawing and still am bad at spelling being 17

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about the pauldrons, just not how I’d imagine them I guess, that said you nailed the style.

2 Likes

I wanted the pauldrons to be positioned similar to how Ultra Magnus had his, unlike how the set had them flared up and out.

2 Likes

I probably would have gone for a halfway point between magnus and okotan Ekimu, they just look kind of weird as they are.

1 Like

A proper conveyance of the character in this style. Something about his hammer looks a little weird, but fantastic job otherwise.

1 Like

I really dig this style

1 Like

Love everything, the hammer looks a bit off to me, more like a staff in my eyes but still amazing. 10/10.

1 Like

I like this style. Reminds me of TF Animated.

1 Like

hammer is kinda weird,otherwise this is super good

1 Like

That was actually one of the inspirations for how it came out. I love Derrick J. Wyatt’s art style, especially in Transformers Animated and Ben 10: Omniverse.

1 Like

Super great. I almost immediately thought of TF animated, and it looks really great for what it’s trying to achieve.

1 Like