Emerald treachery

I would have participated in the Duckbricks contest from a few months ago, unfortunately I happened to be busy back then.
So, here’s my interpretation of toa Nidhiki, I tried to mix a few things from Krakua and the Metru appearance as well as some elements from the titan set from 2004. I’m not going to mention them all in detail, but some of them are kind of obvious like the chest armor that resembles the Nidhiki set and the leg armor which looks a lot like Krakua’s. Also I didn’t use a Metru torso given that Nidhiki comes from the Tren Krom Peninsula.

My goal was to make a build that could fit with both Lhikan and Krakua.

As you may have already noticed, the scythe design is not mine, I got it from one of the entries of the contest (Baz Nik’s). I have another one, but it happens to be too heavy for a toa build, besides, this one really is outstanding considering how it uses the staff of light blades in a creative way and fits with this part of the story “This time he sent elemental air power from both sides of his tool, bracketing her.”
Here’s my old scythe.

This moc is far from perfect, but I hope you like it.

Also, I wanted Tuyet to have Takadox’s color, it seems the previous semitrans-light blue got lost with the last update in the colorpack. :confused:

14 Likes

I actually really like this blue instead, and it’s arguably more accurate to the real parts. Is that just a “Rubber” colour from base stud.io?

4 Likes

Neat Toa Nidhiki moc! The metallic green meshes well with the metru green and trans-neon accents, and the scythe is cool too. One suggestion I’d make is that the shoulders seem to stick out a bit, but overall nice job

2 Likes

I agree, this blue is more accurate to the actual color, if you are interested in using it, it appears as “soft dark blue” and it’s not in the base Stud.io, it’s part of SwampKryakwa’s_Colorpack.
The one which looks different is the “semitrans-light blue” (the one which glows in the dark in the Takadox set), the previous version used to be more similar to the Lego pieces.

2 Likes

Thank you for your compliments. I thought about that problem with the shoulders too and after thinking a little on how to do it, I reduced the distance from the torso. It looks a bit more natural now and doesn’t stick out as much as before.

2 Likes

Ye that mitigates it somewhat

Perhaps the shoulder pads should be bulked up?

1 Like