Emotions

Love em or hate em, they make us human and who we are

discuss

7 Likes

emotions are pretty good most of the time, they tell me if I’m being stupid or not and when to stop

2 Likes

10 Likes

“I’M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!”
-anchorman

6 Likes

Emotions?

I am not familiar with this concept.

6 Likes

In robot voice That word does not compute

1 Like

I only have one emotion and that is spook

5 Likes

Life wouldn’t be worth living if we couldn’t feel. Even sadness and anger have their place.

3 Likes

(Star Trek V is part of the pain I need. :wink: )

1 Like

Emotions get in the way.

1 Like

Emotions, eh?

Sometimes they blind us, and lead us down to the path of the dark side. As Yoda once said about fear:

5 Likes

Without Emotion there is no personality, no personality is no creativity, no creativity is no structure, no structure is no shape, no shape equals no world.

4 Likes

I’m a pretty emotionless person.

This unit is not programmed to feel emotions.

I stand to disagree with this. I create plenty of things (music, art, MOCs, etc) with no emotional drive to them, simply from a desire to create something that comes to my head. Arguably personality can exist without heavy emotion: people’s preferences, such as introversion/extroversion, (and probably my preference to let people know how I think they can improve their MOCs) are not necessarily emotionally tied.

(Note: I have lived with extincted emotions for a couple of years now, living most of my life in a blank state in which I rationalize (and snark) my existence. I think I could easily have laughed and had fun without an emotional catharsis, although I currently do that on occasion.)

No one seemed to think of this: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you create something it lets off an emotional response depending on the product though…

4 Likes

Depends on the product. For example, music with vocals expressed can have an emotional background, but instrumentals might not have any emotions associated with them - especially if it’s only practicing scales or a practice jam. And some MOCs and art may be the result of emotions, while some could simply be the result of wanting to experiment with a color scheme, or with a certain styling, or whatever.

(That encompasses most of what I build, actually. I can think of about two MOCs where I was actually trying to express myself in the story or design, and I don’t know if I pulled either off well.)

Right so expressing oneself harbor emotions

2 Likes

There is always that one person. (Dang it sigh) Plus this wasnt thought out as much because I was sleppy.

2 Likes