Empire of Insects

“Yeah you, names Evelyn by the way.”

“Erm…I’m Scalthus.” He said slowly, extending a claw to Evelyn.

“Oh, while we’re introducing ourselves, I’m Izbec,” Izbec chirped in. “The chronicler of many tales, though, I suppose you already knew that…” He said, now feeling a little awkward.

Scalthus nodded, staring at Izbec. He seemed to be…an especially appetizing meal. He wondered if anyone had a hit on him, and how much they paid.
The very thought made Scalthus lick his lips slighy.

A juicy meal, as well as a hefty profit.

Now that we all know each other’s names, where should we go!?” Asked Okiri, drawing his sword from its sheath and resting the flat of the plate upon his shimmering back.

“Yeah, I’m getting a bit impatient.” Scalthus sneered.

Cheviot still followed the firefly. He was barely able to make pace with his counterpart, as fireflies were, by necessity, able to fly very rapidly.

“Yeah aright, let’s go!” Evelyn says shouldering her own chipped slab of a sword

Wait! You’ve got a sword too!?

“Uh yeah!?” She says nodding with a degree of pride in her voice

Where the Hell have you been all my life?” He extends his arm to shake Evelyn’s Hand (with considerable enthusiasm).

Evelyn returns the gesture
“Ah y’know wanderin, fightin, 'ccasionally.”

Okiri releases a bellow of overly masculine triumph. After regaining his composure, he returns his sword to its sheath points in the direction of the Firefly “From the Looks of things that Firefly was headin’ to the Capital, Who’s for followin’ him?

“Yeah alright gotta be something going on in the capital.”

The door to the Sand Tavern would open, and through it would burst a triumphant looking ladybug girl. “What’s good on the menu?” She asks as she walks in, followed quickly by both a firefly who was trying to hold in a laugh aimed at her companion and an antlion who seemed to be tagging along with them.

Shouldn’t that be obvious? Scalthis thought as he scanned the trio up and down,(forgive this expression) bug-eyed.
They seemed to make a nice delicious meal together.

“You alright mate? Ya seem a lil…well not to be rude; starey.”

The lady stared him down, shifting the shield on her back. “Excuse me, gnat-brain?” She asked. “I don’t think I like the way you’re lookin’ at me.”

The firefly walked up to her. “Elly, calm down, it’ll be fine.” She tells her. “Just ignore him, we can eat, and we’ll be on our way to the capitol.” She said to her in a low voice, internally groaning with the last statement.

The antlion, meanwhile, just went up to the counter to order a drink.

“Oh you headin t’ tha capital too? D’ya want ta join us?”

Scalthus was shaken out of his thoughts. “What? Yeah I’m fine. I was just staring off into space a bit.” He said to Evelyn, shaking his head.