Empire of Insects

“Ay Okri you want ta head off or wait fer the time being?”

It notices the stare and gives off a chuckle to indicate this wasn’t the first time he got such a reaction

As he looked about he would catch sight of a long paper-thin creature clutching a staff with it’s ribbon-like fingers, it seemed to be looking around

Capry waved as he walked away.

The flat thing caught sight and beckoned him over

He approached it.

“Essuse meh sir” it begins with a clear accent speaking in a broken version of the kingdoms tongue
“But do you know theh way to theh capitool?”

@Runa Izbec turned to the new members of the rapidly forming group. “I’m fine for little pilgrimage to begin now. Name’s Izbec by the way, the story collector.” He said changing his self given title from the last time he introduced himself.

“I am Eleanor the Red. Master of defense-” Eleanor starts, before Felicia cuts her off.

“And more hotheaded than a fire ant. Anyways, My name is Felicia, and our little buddy over there…” She said, gesturing to Leo, who waves. “Is Leo. He’s good at making stuff.”

"Eleanor gives a slightly annoyed look at Felicia. “Hey, thanks for cutting me off.” She says passive aggressively. “You guys could at least use your titles.”

“The ones you made up?” Felicia asked half-jokingly, while Leo started to chuckle.

“aren’t all titles made up? Either by yourself or someone you let control you,” said Consir coldly and clearly eavesdropping

“Or let someone honor you.” Felicia said, holding in her irritations at this eavesdropping and misunderstanding of what she believed to be truth. “To let others be the one to celebrate your victories and qualities, and not let it be yourself. The titles remembered after death are the ones the people know, and the people usually come up with what they want to call us better than we do.”

Cheviot followed the firefly into the capitol building, doing his best to view its interior as much as he could while still being prompt. He had been inside the capitol building before but never as deep as he was going, especially to the chambers of such a prestigious individual as Sopter. After a brief period of losing his guide, he eventually found his way.
“Sorry I’m late–” said Cheviot, as he entered the room. He was quickly caught off-guard by how large Sopter was. He heard talk here and there about him, but this was the first time they met face-to-face. Cheviot quickly regained his composure and took a seat.

1 Like

“no, your tardiness is fine.” He assured, “shall we begin?”

1 Like

“I’d prefer to.” The old Cicada said as he wobbled about in his chair, not really sure what was happening.

“before we begin let me make this clear, what we plan here shan’t leave this room, understand? Only us, the council, and the king shall know what happens today.”

The cicada nodded multiple times and waved his hand in a knowing manner. He glanced at Cheviot for his response.

Cheviot was hesitant at first, but then nodded enthusiastically.

“good, now onto the matter at hand, we’re constructing a military,” he said bluntly.

The cicada nodded with a tired smile and closed eyes before jolting slightly. “A military? The emperor wants a military?

He appeared to be quite baffled by the concept. “Well, if it’s his wishes for it to be so, then it must be so… A military… well!

“why yes, the holos are too few in number to protect our territory, and with the recent ■■■■■ in power, along with our trading power we’re a target to any aspiring power.”