Erikku, the Samurai Mixel, and his Samurai Mech (Now with new photos)

I wanted to Make self Mixel for a while, so one day, I put a timer for 30 minutes, and started building. by the end of the 30 minutes, I had trash. So I scrapped that, and restarted the timer, and this time actually made something good. However, then I discovered the Self Mixel topic, which isn’t where I want my Mixel, so I needed to add something that would allow this moc to not go there. And being the mecha enthusiast I am, I made a mecha… more on that later.

Erikku:

Alternate Expression

So, before we get to the mech, tiny backstory on the building process. I started out trying to make a cockpit that would completely enclose the pilot, however that idea quickly got scrapped when I realized how big the cockpit would be. So instead I made a open cockpit, which worked much better. However, while I was building the torso I thought it looked horrible, but I stuck with it, until I built the legs. that’s when it seemed to click, and this became one of my favorite mechs I’ve built recently. The arms are pretty standard, and to finish the mech I add the backpack for better back coverage.

Now the mech itself

I sorta veiw this as a revamp of the Blaze Buster mech I made a while ago, as both mocs took a lot of pieces and designs from it

Critique wanted, and Enjoy!

EDIT: New pictures with a PINK background. can’t get better than pink! :stuck_out_tongue:

60 Likes

That’s a lot of nixels

4 Likes

at first glance this looks like a Headmaster.

HEAD ON!

2 Likes

Wild! Although it would be cool if you had a few pics of it against a higher contrasting background. It’s actually impressive that you found a background of the exact color blue. So it looks like he’s blending perfectly into it. But that’s also a bit of an issue for me because I can’t really appreciate all of the awesome detail you put into the build.

Really creative and cool from what I can tell though. Especially the face.

1 Like

ohh… that is a problem… I’ll probably retake photos soon

1 Like

Wait a second, does this have waist articulation? Like can the waist turn? It looks like there’s a seam there where it could be articulated. If so, that’s incredible.

1 Like

From what I can tell, there is.

look at this pic:

the torso is turned slightly to the right.

1 Like

yes, the waist can turn a full 360 degrees, although I don’t often turn it much.

2 Likes

straight bananas

4 Likes

awesome brick built moc i absolubtly love the colour and shaping also @Sammythekat HEAD ON!! indeed, have you been checking out has-bro’s titans return yet

2 Likes

I wish there was more orange so break up the big blocks of Metru blue, but build wise, that little Mixel guy is pretty nifty. The mech is… Well, a mech, but that’s just me and my issues. You did a good job with this!

1 Like

Thanks!

Also, New pictures everyone, with a pink background! @BlackboltJohnson

1 Like

Much better!

Oh, and looking at this images a second time, what if you put some tiles on the shoulder plates, to make them look less rough? I dunno at the moment they look sort of out of place.

1 Like

I agree with that, originally the mata blue 2x2 circles were going to be tiles, but I couldn’t find the circle tiles.

1 Like

I got a suggestion:

have the arms hide away, or at least have some flaps that cover the arms.

Kinda like Powermaster Prime

or Star Saber

1 Like

Whoa, dude
That’s actually really cool.

1 Like

The Mixel and the Mech are both gr8.

1 Like

@War_of_the_Worlds
@Ultimate_TChalla

Thanks guys!

looks liked ya glossed over that a bit.

1 Like

Oops… Anyways, I don’t think I’ll do that, as the Mixel’s head will get in the way and the armor will probably be overly bulky

1 Like