Etwas Auf Deustch (Plague Doctor)

Etwas auf Deutsch is a german doctor/scientist, although he believes in the old way of doing things. In other words wearing a Plague doctor mask and conducting experiments of his own to see what counteract the plague that has hit. Although it has hit him personaly as well, his children had died from it and his wife had been permanently vegetablized from it. Now he lets nothing interfere with what he does. In hand he caries a walking stick although he does not use it as a weapon, he does use it to poke around the bodies. Fore his procedures he caries a Blackened bird feather bone saw, although he is anything but hesitant to use it as a weapon. As actual weapons he caries a large meat hook and a gas gun that sprays a layer of a chemicalized fast acting version of the plague to seese all life that is preventing him from working.

11 Likes

Really nothing much to say here, it’s a simple CCBS frame with a simple beaked head and hat.

My main critique is that nothing else about him besides the face implies that he’s a plague doctor, or anything besides a generic figure. Swap the head and he could be nearly anything else; he needs some defining proof that he is, in fact, a plague doctor. Brown jacket, beakers dangling from his hip, et cetera.

3 Likes

But this would also be in the realm of bionicle, the same place that has Rolly Pollys with brain controlling parasites in there face that were made to change terrain (The Bohrok). Granted I did take some liberties with how I designed it as a plague doctor, would giving a plague doctor proper armor be the most unethical thing? Sorry if that sounds rude ore spiteful, I had no intention of sounding like that.

Your tag on this topic says Bionicle2015, so I’m not sure what you mean. None of those pieces are Bionicle 2015 exclusive either, most of them didn’t appear in any Bionicle G2 sets.

Also, that’s not a really good argument. Bionicle having a species of transformed Av-Matoran burrowers whose job it is to clear any obstructing material off the face of the island of Mata Nui doesn’t exactly have anything to do with whether or not your plague doctor looks like a plague doctor.[quote=“IsaacJVladoff, post:3, topic:50743”]
Granted I did take some liberties with how I designed it as a plague doctor, would giving a plague doctor proper armor be the most unethical thing?
[/quote]

Except this is just a CCBS skeleton with armour slapped on. It doesn’t look like anything, just a figure with a bird mask and hat. Adding more than one colour to the body along with extra details would be a good way to designate the character as his intended profession.

2 Likes

My dude chill, There’s no need to take this so seriously. I described the Bohrok like that for comedic purposes. My point was that bionicle is weird, so a plague doctor in armor isn’t that weird.

1 Like

This is quite nice, but I think it needs some cloth pieces

1 Like