Fafnir, the great Dragonslayer V2

HEEEEEEEEYYY I REVAMPED FAFNIR!!
Soooooo… I completely rebuilt his lower body, now based on a normal Vahki waiste instead of the witch doctor body base…and gave him new, stable legs, AND bigger feet, just for Ven :3… also upgraded the shield

Also added more dish pieces onto him to make the one on the waiste seem less out of place

Even on his butt :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, MOAR GOLD

Before anyone asks: No, I didn’t destroy these dish pices just for this MOC… BUT 15 year-old Krono did that for an older version of Kronus, which I scrapped…so I thought it might be the best to use these otherwise now useless pieces for the shield…because y know…shields get a bit destroyed if they’re used that much… especially against dragons

He looks so epic :blush:

Another shot of his back…

Now for some cool poses to show ya all that his stability issues are almost gone :slight_smile:

And here’s a small comparison between V1 and V2 of Fafnir…

“You dare to Question me?”

Now for some some teasing…

“YOU?!..”

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me where I could improve. Thanks for reading :wink:

51 Likes

He looks like something out of the roster for the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok movie - just something about the contrasting metallic colours and patterns, proportions and repetition of parts to give him a consistent theme… all is good! That sphere in the small of his back definitely looks like a video-game style weak spot to attack for massive damage though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazing stuff all around, can’t wait to see more from you.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s just a power resource, a soul. Hitting it would do nothing but burn whatever hits it…not that Fafnir would be a tough enemy

The change of the lower leg is much more conventional with the amount of greeble used.

I don’t like the zamor sphere on the back, but the shaping is still great. :paintbrush:

2 Likes

Simply amazing. The shaping here is excellent, and I love the use of those gate pieces.

Thank you :blush:

This is a great improvement from the original version. Well done.

I really like the overall posture that he assumes; that, along with the overall sleekness, reminds me of Dragonslayer Ornstein from Dark Souls. Did you perhaps take inspiration from his design for this MOC?

Yep, he took a good bunch of Inspiration from Ornstein. I really wanted to express my love for the DS franchise with this MOC :blush:

1 Like