Fallen (Hawkflight's original music)

I made some more music. It’s in 6/8, so I’m going to compare it to Gravity Hurts, which people in this server should know and is also in 6/8 (and this song is probably one of the closest to that style that I’m working on now).

you know when gravity hurts a lot?

when you’ve Fallen.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy this song.

8 Likes

Nice! It’s a good song. Do you have it listed on Spotify or anywhere else? I’m thinking of adding it to a playlist of mine.

3 Likes

It’s good enough I’ll be listening to it on loop for the next few days. So, in my opinion its very good.

4 Likes

Nice work, Ive gotta try writing some stuff sometime.

Liking the 6/8 rythm, but something nagging me the whole time was that sort of unpleasant airyness or emptiness in the mids/highs that you usually get with most bass boosts, but I didnt notice much anything in the way of an actual bass or sub-bass boost. Was that intentional, or should the song be listened to with a boost in the mids?

4 Likes

Here you go! Spotify

Not intentional. I got back into learning mixing and mastering last year and there’s a lot I don’t know / that my particular setup might disguise. If you find boosting the mids improves the song, let me know what sort of settings you use so I can see how it changes in my setup!

4 Likes

Thanks! I took a listen to your other songs, and they’re quite interesting. I like the way Trespasser starts, as it sounds almost like a medieval chant. Quite different from most songs i listen to.

3 Likes

I think that statement itself makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something worthwhile.

3 Likes

Ill be sure to mess around with the EQ on my computer then to try and help out

4 Likes