Fanon noble mask of emulation

Untitled1267_20211221124455

This is what Greg should do. Headcanon the noble hagah mask I wonder what you people would think of this new unique design?

20 Likes

Your design looks awesome and pretty accurate to the great kanohi while managing to distance itself from the jutlin. It reminds me of a crusade knight. Your design for the great version does this as well. It would be nice to have more pictures

2 Likes

It’s rare that a custom Kanohi looks like a “real” Kanohi to me, but this is one of those times. It fits my indescribable criteria for the “Kanohi aesthetic”, and the “wires” on the cheeks are a nice connection to the original Noble Kanohi.

The shaping is also very reminiscent of the Great version of the mask, which is great.

6 Likes

ooo this looks goood

I like it! is the first picture a 3D printed version of the mask?

Oh I really like how this looks. The wires look pretty good

So you’ll canon this noble? Is it really okay if any of us can make Noble versions of hagah masks?

He can’t canon anything, he isn’t Greg. The title is from when the contests were active. I don’t believe he was trying to sound like he was, just paying a compliment.

4 Likes

Aww… I heard greg left bionicle.

I can’t make any official statements regarding Bionicle canon; I’m just some person. Greg himself is available for any questions, though, in the Ask Greg section of these Boards.

According to the statement he put out, his last day with Lego will be at the end of July.

EDIT FOR CLARITY:

Note that doesn’t mean he will leave the Bionicle community, it just means that he will no longer have the legal permission from Lego to influence Bionicle canon.

(Text was also added to the original statement, highlighted in bold)

2 Likes

((he will no longer have the legal permission from Lego to influence Bionicle canon.))

Was it because of the generation 2?

No, it’s simply because he would no longer be working at the company.

Greg was the primary authour and creator of Bionicle canon for most of the G1 run, and, when G1 was discontinued, he received authourization from the higher-ups at Lego take take single-handed control of G1 Bionicle canon, mostly because no one else at Lego cared. Greg Farshtey is basically the “Bionicle team” in charge of Bionicle canon at Lego, just like how the “Ninjago team” is in charge of Ninjago canon, except he’s only one person.

However, Bionicle as an IP still legally belongs to Lego, and Greg’s involvement is as an employee, so if he is no longer a part of the “Bionicle team” at Lego, he doesn’t have the authourity to dictate the canon of that IP.

2 Likes

Lego is a jerk

3 Likes