Fautann's MOC Dump / Topic

Hello all! I’m Fautann. I’ve been making and collecting BIONICLEs for about 4 years, though I was first introduced to them in 2005. After giving up on the horribly toxic Bionicle subreddits, I decided to come post here instead.

Short intro out of the way – let’s get into why you’re here; the MOCs
The only MOCs I can post immediately are of my Self-MOC, Fautann.

In my half-baked lore, he’s one of the matoran who was sent to be fixed on Karzahni. Long story short, he transforms twice - once nuva, second toa.

In his Toa Form, he grew wings. I’m not sure if the kanohi miru is contradictory to that, but I choose to imagine they work together… somehow
His wings can store his claws when he isn’t using them, otherwise they’re mounted on his hands Wolverine-style.

As I said before, he has three forms, rebuilt, nuva, and toa. I thought it’d be funny to shoot them like a typical family portrait, but it’s a wee hard to understand… I’ll be posting better pictures later, of course.

Thank you for looking at my little topic here! Feel free to give any constructive criticism or other comments, I’d like to here what the community thinks.
I’ll be updating this topic with more pictures of my other MOCs and possible updates to MOCs when I get around to photographing them.
(P.S. I desperately need help with taking pictures, any tips, tricks, or other criticisms would be much appreciated)!

First edit: Forgot to mention he uses @Connor_Hoffman 's Axonn Revamp legs as his own legs, with the feet inspired by dandezille’s Karzahni

26 Likes

Huh, I’m surprised to hear that. I’ve only ever had good experiences on the Bionicle sub, whereas I seem to have semi-frequent arguments here. I’ve always found this site way more confrontational than reddit.

Regardless, I like the MOC. Looks beefy and powerful.

3 Likes

I suppose that depends on how you interact on reddit vs here.

In regards to your self moc, the wings and legs look really cool and the blades on the arm are a really cool weapon!

1 Like

So, for the sake of keeping this topic alive, I decided I’d get a picture of all my MOCs and, possibly let whoever’s interested pick who they want pictures of first.

From left to right, front to back:
Spiriah MOV, Toa Fautann, Eliminator MOV
Vodraka (vortixx) Viskohu (breez mask) Maxilass, Odana, Rayuya
Kahmak, Pankawi, Fautann (Nuva), Fokaraga, Fautann (Karzahni)

If you’re interested in any MOCs here, please comment which you’d like to see better!

5 Likes

I’d be interested in seeing your Spiriah MOV in more detail; looks interesting.

1 Like

The Makuta of Zakaz, Makuta Spiriah, as requested by @rainsong

For my version of Spiriah I wanted to make him look cooler, more armored, and bigger, while keeping the original combo models… girth
I personally imagine Spiriah being a self-empowered, self-righteous being. He was disgraced by the brotherhood for his failures, but he sees what he’s done as a massive success, and thus thinks very highly of himself and lowly of others.

As for the skakdi of Zakaz, they think of him as devil-incarnate, most fantasizing about killing him themself:

ps i forgot to put Nektann into that dump above so know he’s here too okay bye

Nektann, the strongest warlord of Zakaz took his devil imagery to the next level, having his own “Crescent Scythe” and accompanying claw forged to intimidate the other warlords.

That’s all for Spiriah, if you have any criticism it’s always welcome, and if you want to see more of my other mocs leave a reply and I’ll be sure to post the MOC hopefully in duly time. :+1:

6 Likes

This is great!

How bout that purple boye in the back, he kinda reminds me of that one dark hunter.

Edit: never mind that is him, again that’s what I get for speed reading.

1 Like

The Dark Hunter Eliminator, as requested by @N01InParticular
To preface this, I think I need to give a warning; when me and my brother were lore-ing up, we mistook eliminator for female, and as such, I think eliminator is female.
Oops. Don’t kill me.
I should also say this is definitely an unfinished MOC, she needs so much support to keep her massive weight up. Absolute nightmare to pose.
Lastly, I’m not a good photographer. Some of the pics suck, sorry.
With that out of the way, Eliminator:

If anyone wants to see other pictures or other poses of characters I have or haven’t photographed yet, give me a shout and I’ll see what I can do. Also if you have ideas for making her more sturdy, I’ll take them.

4 Likes

Spiriah looks really cool, I like that you decided to keep his wide hips!
I’ve seen a lot of revamps (including mine) not carrying over this feature of the original combo model :smiley:

(Edit: I’m interested in seeing that vortixx character in detail (EditEdit: where are those orange Toa Nuva shoulders on the orange guy from?))

2 Likes

@NOTaHFfan Thank you! It was my goal to keep Spiriah good ol’ medieval standard. I’ll be posting the vortixx soon, and the orange Nuva shoulders were from some '03 hockey sets, most of them for pretty cheap if I recall correctly

1 Like

I’ll wait :smile:

Thanks, those will come in handy for my Adaptive Armour Pohatu Nuva revamp!

1 Like

Vodraka, as requested by @NOTaHFfan

I don’t have a super huge load of lore around her yet, but I can give some details.
Her name is Vodraka and she’s an engineer from Xia. Her favorite design, and weapon of choice, is her Kikanalo Blaster (name pending).

I plan on replacing her heels with a pin bushing rather than the axle bushing there now.

Vodraka is also very close to her guard (lore pending), Viskohu. I don’t yet have a script of their meeting or involvement with each other, but they’re close. Sorry if this particular pictures kinda bad, I don’t know how to use a camera.

4 Likes

She looks really neat! The proportions are great, in this scale the Vortixx head doesn’t look too small (Roodaka suffered from that a lot). In addition to that, I love the good usage of custom cloth. Great job!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was kinda worried about the custom cloth to be honest, I’ve been thinking about replacing it with some other design.

Quick update I felt like making: I changed Fautann’s lower arms and feet, as well as “shortened” his legs.

-Here’s the text blob, oh boy:
I shortened his legs because of how uncooperative they were being, so no more digitigrade and no more hip-extender
I decided to give him a monstrous right hand (I’ll be changing the thumb to silver soon) because I draw right-handed and like to esteem my extremely vanilla qualities. I also changed his left hand to @Connor_Hoffman’s Axonn’s…
every day Fautann becomes a little more like Axonn

P.S I don’t have any good photography setups right now so sorry for the unfortunate picture quality

4 Likes

this is just chibi roodaka

2 Likes

Pretty much, yeah. Nitpicks would include different colored pieces on the head and different headdress connection IIRC, as well as different hair on the sides, custom cloth, and blaster.

The funny part though is that, yeah, I actually bought a bag of used parts from an antique store nearby and it had a nearly complete Roodaka, so I just made smaller Roodaka :laughing:

1 Like