Favorite BIONICLE body part piece

BIONICLE had a lot of different pieces for torsos, heads, hands, arms, feet, etc. So I want to ask you, what is your favorite piece (or construction) for a certain body part? You can also rank all the options that you can think. You may like it because their design, how well reprent that part, versability, etc.

As example, I will start with the hands. Without a doubt the best hand is the all porpouse Axle Connector 2 x 3 with Ball Joint Socket Open Sides:

With a little of imagination, it works fantastic as a fist or a palm, it has great versability (it’s an all porpose piece), came in many colors and allows an easy conect to weapons. The Closed Sides version is bellow in my list because it broke more often and I like more the design of the first one.

After them is the Bionicle Fist. It looks like a hand, but it’s no more than that, a hand, and only a fist. It has one connection less so it limit how you can connect a weapon or other stuff.

Last is the Toa Mata hand. I love the look of it and it’s iconic of an era, but as a funtional hand is not the best. It has low posability and weapons conection are harder. Although the Technic piece has some other uses, I would say they are mostly cosmetic.

Special nominees to Axle 2L with Reverser Handle Axle Connector and Liftarm, Modified Ball Joint Angled 1 x 2 that despite been all purpose pieces and had been used as a hand, I would hardly consider them as one.

I limited myself to a simple design, but if you want to argue that Axonn has the best hand design, go ahead.

3 Likes

For hands that aren’t custom?

Best.

second worst.

Absolute worst.

2 Likes

@Heyzorks
How does it feel to be wrong

14 Likes

For that, I shall kick your hands.

2 Likes

Mata hands are beautiful, and so are these

ineedthis|nullxnull

3 Likes

It really depends on the character I’m making. If they’re a wild beast, I’d chose vorox over metru feet, for example. So yeah, I don’t really have any favorites

2 Likes

@SirKeksalot
@Takutanuva
i knew i was going to end up hated for posting that. Well, at least now i’m hated here as well as IRL

1 Like

Not if I do it first
Don’t worry @Enbeanie I wouldn’t do this to you over so trivial a matter

We’ll just have to share his hands, or I shall kick the nubs where his hands were.

3 Likes

OIP.g7AIWoxLxWXxlzNO_S4pkQHaHa
I frickin love this guy. Super underrated part in my opinion. So many attachment points, and it provides such a great base starting point, but still has some solid shaping built in.

7 Likes

I think this one’s even better. Even more connection points, excellent shaping and back coverage and the option of attaching back spikes to the spine.

7 Likes

Still haven’t found a way to use that bad boi

1 Like

the best hand

1 Like

i60234peoplepackfunfair1x2

Better hand

1 Like

Ooooooh, I love this question. My favorite piece might be the ball piece that was first introduced with the Toa Inika. It’s nearly in all of my MOCs and wish I had more of them. I love that piece with a passion.

4 Likes

WHERE DO I FIND THAT TORSO

The accursed land known as Ben 10

1 Like

Yes same here. Before I knew brick link existed I used to be so stingy with them when building. And all the toa inika always had missing heads.

This arm piece.
A really fun shape, flexible in its use as arm, leg neck, wing, etc. It was one of the few parts that was used almost consistently throughout G1’s lifespan.
arm

I also liked this one too, it just feels like a strong appendage and it helps put weight and power behind whatever it’s attached to.
arm2

Maybe I’m just a sucker for 2001’s pieces, but the Toa Mata really did have a fantastic design language.

3 Likes

I agree about the arm piece. That design make Pohatu the Toa Mata that less bother me for not having arm articulation, although I think the Bohrok arm works better in that regard.