Favorite Disney movie

Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no doubt that Disney has had a immense affect on not just the film industry, but our very culture. So I ask, what is your favorite Disney movie? Least favorite? Not sure if Pixar counts as part of Disney, but I guess you could pick one of their movies as well.

My personal favorite would have to be The Hunchback of Notre Dame, just the overall size of the movie, the villain, and the overall tone make it really interesting.

6 Likes

probably Aladin or Lion King

Lion King.

I was going to say Frozen. But then I realized that was a bad idea.

This is kind of embarrassing

But it’s probably Beauty and the Beast. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve seen it more than the others, I love the songs, and it doesn’t make me cringe too much. :stuck_out_tongue:

I always liked Aladin. Mostly because I’m a big fan of that whole eastern-oriental culture.

I really enjoyed Frozen. But I never really understood what was so great about Lion King.

The Avengers.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

What? These are Disney movies…

11 Likes

If you also count movies Disney owns, don’t forget Star Wars. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

##Fairy-Tale-Based
###Animated
20th Century: Sleeping Beauty
It has Maleficent, it has Eleanor Audley as Maleficent, it has music, it has a beutiful style, it has great quotes, it has everything.

21st Century: Tangled or Frozen.
Tangled, for whatever reason, is, to me, how a fairy-tale story (without an epic villain or villainess) should be handled. Frozen, on the other hand, is a lesson in over-hyping.
When I first saw it, I hadn’t seen any Let it Go videos or merch or anything else except the poster, so I thoroughly enjoyed it. But then all the accompanying stuff flooded in. I still like the movie, but I dare not admit it in public for fear of hearing yet another half-masked attempt at singing Let it Go.

That’s right folks! I’m the first guy who’s man enough to admit he likes Frozen.

##Non-Fairy-Tale/Marvel-Based
###Live Action
20th Century: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
There is so much about this film that I like that I have a hard time writing it down in a concise form.

21st Century: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
An excellent film with an excellent cast and an excellent score.
(I also like the second and third films as well. I mean, sure, they weren’t as good as the first, but I fail to see why they get such hate ['course, I like the Micheal Bay Transformers movies to a degree as well, so make of that what you will…].).
##Animated
20th Century: Toy Story (sure, it’s not truely a Disney film, but it was distributed by Disney. That plus I fail to remember any other non-fairy-tail-based animated films from this era.)
It’s Toy Story. That’s all I feel I need to say.

21st Century: Any post-2006 Pixar film (they were purchased by Disney in 2006, so any and all movies they make after that I can consider Disney films. The pre-2006 ones were great too, don’t get me wrong, but they were merely distributed by Disney.)

##Marvel Based
##Live Action
21st Century: Any movie other than Iron Man 3.
Needs no explanation.
##Animated
21st Century: Big Hero 6
It’s the only one. (Plus GoGo’s ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ reminds me of The Rocketeer.)

8 Likes

Yes, I also enjoy Star Wars.

For actual “Disney” movies, I’d probably say Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Peter Pan, and The Hunchback of Notre Dam. (I also enjoy Aladdin)

2 Likes

I liked iron man 3

hated the plot twist though, but hey at least we know there actually is a real mandarin out there

3 Likes

Yeah, it was ok, but that one plot twist is the first time I’ve ever had a whole movie ruined for me.

WHAT!?!? Why was I not informed? This is great news!

Loved Maleficent and the scene where The Prince is floating.

I loved the plot twist in Iron Man 3…dodges bullets

Watch the Marvel Short “Hail To the King.” :wink:
^^^That link is really bad quality; I think the actual thing is on the Thor: TDW blu ray.
^^^It said that in the title. XD

4 Likes

what John said (thanks for finding it)

3 Likes

Peter Pan.

1 Like

I’m just gonna post my top 5…

1. Frozen
    I love this film for it’s use of particles, and the music. starts singing let it go, gets hit by a snowball

2. Big Hero 6
    I love this film for it’s Anime touches, and the characters, and of course Beymax.

3. Treasure Planet
    It’s one of those hidden gems that a lot of people don’t seem to know about, but it has an epic score, and beautiful animation.

4. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    Another 2000 era animation that really didn’t get much attention, I think it was a direct to DVD, which is sad.

And 5. The Navigator
This is one of the few films that made me cry.

4 Likes

Frozen. I said it, but you may not kill me. Because I am in a tall tower, where I will just shoot whoever tries to climb it and kill me while blasting Let It Go. And Tarzan. Mainly because I think Gorillas are cool.

3 Likes

Tarzan and Aladdin…
Tarzan had great visuals, songs, characters, and monkeys
Aladdin had Robin Williams

EDIT
I totally forgot about Emperor’s New Groove! That movie was great, one of Disney’s funniest movies

1 Like

Animated:
Aladin
Tarzan
Lion king
Atlantis: The lost empire (I may be alone on this, but that movie was amazing.)
Treasure Planet
Frozen (sick and tired of it now, but when it first released, it was a solid film)

“fairy tale” based:
beauty and the beast

Marvel:
Captain america 2
Big Hero 6

Other:

Pirates of the caribbean: all of them
Yes.
I love all of them.

5 Likes

Pirates of the caribbean, and Big hero 6.