Favorite parody films

Though I myself haven’t really seen many, parody films are an excellent way of taking many aspects of the film, and putting a humorous twist on it. Though nowadays, much of what was great about parody films has now been reduced to mere pop culture references. Certainly older ones had some references, but it wasn’t always the main focus of humor, the focus of humor being how it acknowledge the strengths of the original source while playfully acknowledging its flaws.

So, I ask you, what were your favorite parody films? I myself really enjoyed Spaceballs and Austin Powers

5 Likes

Oh no, Pizza the Hut!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Galaxy Quest. It somehow manages to poke fun at Star Trek while also celebrating it.

2 Likes

Spaceballs hands down.

4 Likes

I love galaxy quest as it seems to poke fun at everything si-fi while being it’s own material.

3 Likes

I agree with @squeaverking.

1 Like

Galaxy quest is always great and I love airplane.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard of the Scary Movie Series?

1 Like

Vampires suck, anybody?

Spaceballs and Airplane still make me laugh to this day.

1 Like

My favorite parody films are Spaceballs and Robin Hood: men in tights. Can’t go wrong with Mel Brooks.

2 Likes

No, no you really can’t… to be honest, Blazing Saddles is actually a parody of itself I believe, it was originally going to be a serious movie, but when they pulled Mel Brooks in on the project he made it into one of the best comedies!

3 Likes

UHF

2 Likes

Spaceballs is S-BAE-CEBALLS.

2 Likes

Young Fronkensteen

1 Like