Favorite Things of DC Comics

Who are your top 5 DC characters, in general? What is your favorite DC story arc? Which is your favorite DC universe? Why do you like DC? Do you prefer DC to other comic book brands? >cough< marvel >cough<

Personally my top 5 DC characters are:
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (Ted)
The Question (Vic)
Vibe
and Deathstroke
In that order.
My favorite story arc is ‘The Greatest Hero You’ve Never Heard of’
My favorite universe is ‘Pre-Crisis on infinite Earths, Earth 4’
I prefer DC because it is what I grew up with; I used to think Marvel was a Spiderman series, and recently I discovered more comic books brands such as ‘Dark Horse’ and ‘IDW’

4 Likes

As i’ve said before, my absolute favorite superhero is Superman :smile:

So my list would go a little like this:

1 Superman
2 The Flash (Barry Allen)
3 Deathstroke
4 Red Hood (Jason Todd)
5 Batman

Wouldn’t say I have an absolute favorite story line, but Flashpoint series and the Doomsday arc are pretty good :wink:

2 Likes

quietly chants Lobo

3 Likes

I haven’t had much involvement with DC except for Justice League - Secret Origins 2001 and Teen Titans 2003-2006, and I haven’t seen either of them for about 10 years now.

Based off of that alone, My top 5, in no particular order, are:
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern
Cyborg
Raven
Starfire

Secret Origins is my favorite arc, just because it is the only one that I remember, and that might be because it was my fav back when, but who knows. :wink:

3 Likes

My top 5 DC Characters are:
Azrael
DeadShot
Lady Shiva
DeathStroke
Red Hood

And my favorite story arc is Batman Knightfall.

2 Likes

Changed name to what this topic actually turned out to be

2 Likes

Favourite storylines

Geoff John’s Green Lantern run without a doubt.

Favourite Characters

Constantine
Lex Luthor
Sinestro
Deathstroke
Bruce Wayne’s Batman

Favourite Universe

I honestly don’t know. Each one has a few stories that are on my favourites list, so I can’t make a definite decision.

Why I like DC

Because DC executes complex and compelling plot-lines, narrative, and story-arcs exponentially better than a lot of other publishers. Sure, Marvel has some really cool characters, but I more often than not find myself disinterested in the antics they’re involved in.

DC is engaging, interesting, and a whole lot of other positive adjectives. It’s by no means my favourite publisher, but I sure do love the things they churn out.

2 Likes

Top five favorite characters:
Martian Manhunter
Booster Gold
The Question
Nightwing
and last, but not least
The Flash (Wally West and Barry Allen tie)
Now, even though my bio, name, and avatar are all Marvel related, that’s because I grew up reading Spider-Man. I don’t get the war between the two major publishers: They’re both good for different reasons, they’ve had their ups and downs (I’m looking at you mullet Superman) but in the end, they’ve got some darn good characters and stories that I love to see. My favorite storyline has to be the first 20 or so issues of The Flash New 52.

2 Likes

[hype]

1 Like

Mine would have to be:

1. Green lantern (Kyle Rayner)
  2. Atrocitus (Red Lanterns)
  3. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
  4. Plastic Man
  5. Fire Storm (Jason and Ronnie)

So as you can see I L O V E all things GL. Also blue beetle is like well for me a better better batman. Plastic man has the best powers! And firestorm is like well A GOD!!! HE CAN CHANGE MATTER AND DEATH STORM CAN DO IT To PEOPLE! Plus he is played by Robbie Amell in the Flash TV show and he is awesome! So ya… Go DC! Also honorable mentions Hawk,Dove, Saint walker, and Booster gold! See ya later Boarders of the Message!

1 Like

My friend got like 100 plus GL comics from his uncle yesterday. I helped him sort them.

2 Likes
  1. Green Arrow
  2. The Joker
  3. Batman
  4. Harley Quinn
  5. Deathstroke

While I’m a big fan of DC, I have to admit I’m more of a Marvel fanboy. They both have great stories so I wouldn’t make much comparisons as to why one is better than the other.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading some DC titles like Teen Titans, Blue Beetle, Phantom Stranger, Threshold. All New 52.

I’ve also took a interest in Superboy Prime. I think his narmy dialogue and general pyschoticness is entertaining.

1 Like

Rorschach, Deadshot, Blue Beetle, The Flash, and Green Lantern.

Also call me necromancer from now on because I just brought this topic back from the dead.

The Bionicle comics of course!