Favortie Halo Book

Anyone else a fan of the Halo books? If so, which is your favorite? Mine is Ghosts of Onyx.

3 Likes

I don’t read the halo books (although I should) but I did read the graphic novel and some comic books but not one novel. I tried to read “Attack on Harvest” but I got bored, I might try again it in the future.

1 Like

Contact Harvest is definitely one of the weaker stories. I recommend Fall of Reach.

1 Like

I’m liking the Forerunner series. Cryptum is my favorite so far.

2 Likes

Haven’t tried those. I probably should sometime…

1 Like

I really liked Cryptum. Gave me a new look on Forerunners.

2 Likes

I actually haven’t played any Halo games outside of small portions of Halo 2, but I do have read a couple of the books. Basically anything written by Eric Nylund I find to be really good, but to be more precise my favourites are Fall of Reach and Ghosts of Onyx.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of Glass Lands but i have yet to read Cole Protocol, Broken Circle, or the upcoming book about Eddy Buck (did I spell his name right?)

2 Likes

Contact Harvest = Every GOOD Halo Fanfiction I’ve read. BTW, why do some consider Contact Harvest bad?

1 Like

That and the other two Kilo-Five books are my new favorites.

2 Likes

I didn’t find it bad per say. I just didn’t like it as much as some of the other books (though I’m incredibly biased towards any novel that focuses on the Spartans).

1 Like

I personally actually liked Contact Harvest the best, though they’re all pretty good. (I haven’t read The Forerunner trilogy or anything past that, though, having lost interest in Halo by the time those were coming out.)

2 Likes

I don’t know if any other Halo story can come close to Eric Nylund’s SPARTAN-II books for me. Out of curiosity, why did you lose interest in Halo?

2 Likes

I only ever had the first game on PC to begin with, and had to delete it a while back to make room for other stuff, so that’s part of it; another is that I simply got into other things more. Nothing really big, and I could certainly end up getting back into it someday.

1 Like

The Kilo Five series, hands down.

I think Mortal Dictata is my favourite of the three.

1 Like