Fear the Jungle: A Black Panther Fanfiction

Welp, this is pretty self-explanatory. For more info on the big P, click here. Swearing has been censored.

His heart pulsed inside of his chest as he leaped over the bushes and branches that riddled the jungle floor. He clutched his briefcase to his stomach as he rested against the trunk of a tree. The area had gone silent but for the chirping of birds in the early morning. Light dripped down through the widespread branches creating droplets of brightness here and there. The man sat down on the floor and opened up the briefcase. Yes, it was still there. Vibranium, 3 kilos of it. He shut the lid and relaxed on the floor. He chuckled to himself. Savages. So primitive and foolish. “Sending panthers after me,” he said aloud with a snicker. He burst out into a mad laugh as he sunk onto the ground and closed his eyes to sleep. He hadn’t gotten a single hour of rest in so long. As he shut his eyes, he heard something. Branches cracking. “Who’s there?” he said, stretching his arms out. Another crack, this time louder. Closer. “Who is it?!” He pulled out a revolver. Yet another snap, this one from behind him. It was circling him. “I’ve got a gun!” CRACK! the man spun around with the briefcase in one hand. A few feet away, a black shape shifted between the brush. “■■■■■■,” the man said, near sobs. “God bless me.” Then he felt a hard crack into his jaw.
“No god will bless you,” a dark figure said as he stood above the man.
“Stand back! I’ll shoot you, savage!” The man’s hand shook as he held on to the vibranium for his life. The figure moved with lightning speed, kicking the gun out of his hand. The teeth on his necklace rattled. He stooped down to the ground and grabbed the man by the scruff of the neck, dragging him up the bark of the tree. “What are you?!”
“The Panther,” T’Challa said as he whipped a fist between the man’s eyes. He dropped him to the ground. “And I will not tolerate you nor any of your fellow businessman to ravage my country any longer.”

2 Likes

Intriguing. I like how you wrote this. One thing, though, is that you should put a break when someone speaks. Like this:

As he shut his eyes, he heard something. Branches cracking.
“Who’s there?” he said, stretching his arms out. Another crack, this time louder. Closer.
“Who is it?!” He pulled out a revolver.

That too hard? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! The breaks only work when it changes different speakers.

Ahh…