Ferra, Neo Agori

So Ferra here was a MOC born from a lack of creativity if i’m being perfectly honest. I’ve recently come out of a mini “dark ages” of MOCing and I think MOCs like Ferra are responsible for breaking me out. She’s based on a frame by Chris Yee called Neo Agori Runners. I liked the frame, but thought it could use some work, especially with some new pieces. So I quickly built Ferra and I have to say, the frame is wonderful. So lightweight but sturdy.

The changes I made were few, but I’d like to mention them here anyways. Chris’s design used radically different hands. Of course, he built the original before hf 2.0 so he was limited in what pieces he could use. Using the mixel joints and a hand based on a design of MrBoltron I think I was able to make more expressive hands without ruining proportions. I’ve also made the waist a bit wider than Chris’s Neo Agori.

The final, and most major change, is the legs. Chris gave his Neo-Agori very long, thin legs. While it gives them a unique style, it doesn’t make sense. The Neo-Agori, according to him, are runners. I wanted to make sure Ferra looked like she had the muscles of a sprinter (and yes I know theres a big difference in sprinters and marathon runners but bear with me). Specifically I wanted to use black Bohrok eyes make up her Gastrocnemius and Rectus Femoris muscles. I also added toes, as you couldn’t walk, let alone run without them.

I’ve also included some shots from a MOCing about I did on Flickr with Phasma’s helmet and a gun I built. Enjoy! and please leave some feedback if you like. Idk where I’m going to go with this MOC in the future. I like her a lot as it is but if you have any ideas I’m always open to hear them!

Oh no… I think it might be stuck…

51 Likes

I’m a bit unsure as to how I like the feet.

1 Like

What an interesting looking MOC, I really like it! The use of the 90° AV Matoran leg in the torso is neat. Also, with the skimpy arms and muscular legs, the runner motif is pulled off nicely.

1 Like

Why does the robot lady have a chrome Donald duck face helmet?

Intruiging hand build.

Looks nice, I wish we had agoris like this instead of the basic original sets
The feet are the only things that bug me

Who’s wearing my helmet?

Or this.

Anyway this is an amazing moc. I love it.

2 Likes

@TeslaEffect Even spherus magna is not safe from the mouse it seems

@Zero Glad you like it! its based on someone else’s, but I used it here because they’re just so darn expressive. I hope that came through in the photos. And if not I can always take more/

@Leoxander @1000Purse30 Could you be more specific about what you don’t like? I’d like to hear your thoughts

@Altair Thanks! Glad you like her so much. If only I could take credit for the torso design. I forgot to link it in the page, but heres some of the originals

@LTVmocs Thanks! I love her too. But not in that way… that’d be creepy y’know.

http://www.moc-pages.com/folder.php/76864

4 Likes

I’m just not sure what to think about them. I like the overall design of the MOC, but the feet don’t feel right to me.

The toes look a bit odd imo

Love the moc, great matron, thats all I got to say.

Excellent work! Small yet flexible.

It’s pretty good! I’m just getting mixed feelings about the colour scheme.

Oh boy, this is a blast from the past. Haven’t used that frame for years. Nice modifications you did and I completely understand providing a little more muscle definition. I think back then I made the call to make them look lean or else the shaping would look too cartoonish. With so many curved parts now, it’d be easier to do that on the small scale, so may revisit it since I don’t think anyone else has used this design apart from you and a few others.

PS: Stumbled across this post while hunting around the web archives for my old mocpages stories lol

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve used it myself. It’s a fun frame. In some ways I think it might’ve inspired some of my newer MOCs (Zaria especially) I’d be curious to see what you’d do with it now that we have CCBS

The last time I used any iteration of it was with Flo the Sly in an attempt to make a taller Toa frame. Found that after years of sitting in one piece, sockets ended up cracked. Still love getting those aesthetically pleasing, non-standard shapes from unpopular pieces lol