Finalized BIONICLE 2015 Set Images

There is an obvious way to do it but there are also plenty of other ways they could do it. I’d argue that the image doesn’t make it clear enough to be sure.

He has the hero factory feet. there is no other way it could connect

I’m lovin’ Pohatu’s mask!!! Speaking of masks, Lewa’s reminds me of the aviator’s Miru. It looks like it’s got air scoops stuck on the sides.

And the skull spiders. They look like they’d have different powers, like krana.

2 Likes

Excuse me while I completely flip out.

I am surprised that these would leak so soon to NYCC.

THOUGHTS-

They all appear to use the same ‘torso extension piece’ that lets them use a gear function. Surprisingly, I really like the printed pieces. In terms of masks, Gali’s looks amazing, Kopaka’s looks about the same as prelims (pretty good), Lewa’s is… strange, Pohatu’s is freaking fantastic, and Tahu’s is… well… I will reserve my judgement until we get more images. The Lord of Skull Spiders is (I totally called this) very complex looking.

Which Toa do I like best? Hm. Gali is fairly descent. I love the blue. Kopaka looks very nice. So nice, I can almost ignore the gold-on-silver chest… moving on, we have Lewa. The yellow doesn’t bother me, and look at those axes! Tahu is very noble. Red and gold always works well. Pohatu is my favorite set. Kopaka will always be my favorite character, but Pohatu is just amazing. Silver, trans-yellow, and BROWN looks very good. I can also see some attempt to do some back coverage on all of them.

The Lord of Skull Spiders. Do I like the name? Eh. It still sounds cool, though. Do I like the set? Oh god yes! The printed face is very interesting, and trans-orange and black? Genius! I do have to say, the Skull Spiders are much better than I originally thought. I like the different colors, the legs, and Pohatu’s has a stinger!

As for the background art, I am getting a very post-apocalyptic feel. The towers swarming with SSpiders and Mask Shrines look very '03 to me.

Final Thoughts-

Sorry for the rant. But overall, I am so excited for more images. This will be a good year.

1 Like

If you look closely at the LoSS box art, in the background you can see visorak looking cocoons.

Yeah. We covered that in our podcast episode. (which will be up on our channel, the CHC Crew)

New Miru = Witch Doctor head

2 Likes

I just noticed just how much more awesome the boomerangs of Pohatu are!

They can open and close, you can clearly see a pin in the center!!!

10 Likes

Thank you, Kre-tta.

1 Like

You can also see gears on the back

1 Like

I know, if you look at their armpits… armpits

You can see some sort of gearbox!

2 Likes

All the finalized sets have (exempt gali and loss) have this which makes me think that its an addition to the torso and is only used to add bulk rather thank use gears. and the gears are just decoration. If it is a function then they all have the same function.

1 Like

I have to disagree - I think those are open pins meant for connection, probably to his back as storage.

EDIT: Never mind, I looked closer and I have to agree with you now.

1 Like

that-1-cactus on tumblr posted this comparison. Gali looks like one of the Bionicle bootlegs.

SOURCE: http://that-1-cactus.tumblr.com/post/98687582410/i-am-loving-the-designs-for-these-sets-to-be-very

7 Likes

One thing I noticed is that the Mask of Life in the top right corner has been replaced with the Mask of Creation. This may mean that there is no Mask of Life at all. Also, when Hero Factory first started, they used the old building system from the year prior. Next year, they changed to a completely different building system. This may be the same with the new Bionicles. We might see the old (or a completely new) building system again.

3 Likes

Most of the reason they switched the building system was because it was outdated, while the hero factory system is much better in the sense of flexibility and strength, so i think the hero factory system is here to stay

1 Like

Let us take this moment to bask in the awesomeness of the new Kakama.

1 Like

It’s extremely unlickly CCBS will be replaced. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

One thing they could do, though, is make a new system that allows you to put armor on both sides of a bone.

3 Likes

10 Likes