For my final #MetruMarch post this year, here's the Toa Nuva!

For the final #MetruMarch post I’m making this year, here’s Metru-build reimaginings of the Toa Nuva!

First up are the Toa Phantoka; Lewa, Kopaka, & Pohatu.

And second are the Toa Mistika; Tahu, Gali, & Onua.

These models are primarily inspired by the Toa Nuva’s 2008 forms, but also draw some inspiration from other forms of the characters in question. From an in-universe perspective, these forms are meant to be my idea of what the Toa Nuva’s adaptive armor defaults to after moving to Spherus Magna and living in it’s varied environments for a while.

For Tahu specifically, my decision to have him use his 08 appearance rather than 2010 is based on something Greg Farshtey has said in the past, that Tahu would likely have no reason to continue wearing the Golden Armor after 2010 when it’s power had been used up. I figured because of this it would be likely he’d return to using his adaptive armor to match with his teammates (although I kept the Stars sword on him).

As usual, these mocs were first posted on my Instagram, where you can find many more Bionicle and Hero Factory creations of mine: https://www.instagram.com/minirigby22/

49 Likes

How’s Lewa’s arthritis?

3 Likes

I am the lord of lime-joints, if I command them to not break, then they must do so :sunglasses:

9 Likes

he’s too powerful!

great mocs btw!

1 Like

Now I know what I would’ve answered on a “what super power would you like to have” question.

Very nice MOCs here! Some nice details, such as Pohatu’s claws and all the eye colors. Give Kopaka his sword back, it fits him (probably).
From photos, Masks and blasters look pretty big for that size of a figure, is it so or is it my imagination?

1 Like

Really, cool mocs.

It doesn’t take away anything from these mocs but I’m not a huge fan of the shoulder attachment solution, I know why they are there, I know their purpose but I’m just not digging that design I guess.

1 Like

Some are a bit big, but it’s mostly fine. Although I could just be use to it I guess.

Tahu’s, Gali’s and Kopaka’s arms are too short for my tastes, perhaps you could use the metru shin pieces like you did on Lewa?

Besides that, they are all really good!

I really like Pohatu’s forearms. They’re pretty similar to the original Phantoka design, while still also matching his original Mata look.

Of course, the rest of them are also really good. Onua looks suitably powerful, unlike the original Mistika design, and Lewa’s jets do a good job of incorporating the original design into the “Nuva shoulder” look.

My only real criticism is that Tahu’s forearms are too short. For some reason though, only Tahu’s arms look off, even though Gali and Kopaka use the same piece.

1 Like