For science

I have a doom
I have a wheel
uh
GOGOGOGOGOGO
KILL-KILL MAN-THINGS!
The clans skyre of the skaven sure love their bizarre magic-science hybrids of doom. This is the doomwheel. It is a giant wheel with blades and lightning guns powered by magic, science, and rats on drugs. Do not question it. It is for science.

34 Likes

Cool. Reminds me of an old Castle set.

This is intense.

1 Like

I took one look at the title, and my first thought was “Whatever this is, it will not end well.”

3 Likes

Interesting design, I like the inclusion of the lightning guns.

1 Like

I never knew what a doomwheel was until I saw this

Pretty darn accurate

3 Likes

Queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

1 Like

RIP Queek Headtaker…
He was too beautiful…

3 Likes

Is this from warhammer 4k?

I believe it’s from Warhammer Fantasy, as Skaven aren’t in 40K

2 Likes

Huh… Interesting.

I saw some of the rule books. Wondering if I should get into it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Warhammer is dead, and is rather hard to find a way into now.
However, it has been re-realeased in a dumbed-down version called ‘Age of Sigmar,’ which, while lacking the tactical challenge of Warhammer Fantasy, is much, much easier to get into. I’m talking only four pages of rules, with simple rolls easier to get into.

2 Likes

But probably still horrendously overpriced

Actually, I’ve played age of sigmar.
GW actually added points values, which honestly has very much fixed the biggest problems of the game and has made it really fun. I do actually recommend it, because it’s a vastly better game than it was at its launch.

1 Like

Definitely, It has grown, but it is still nowhere near the calibre of WHFB, and when your lovingly painted units and minis are suddenly made ‘officially’ worthless, and the game you’ve worked on them for gets the corporate equivalent of the finger, and then a new, simplistic and tedious game comes with a kick in the teeth, then you begin to feel a little bitterness.

I mean seriously, have you tried to move over 200 individual models per turn, making sure that the lizardmen face backwards in order to give them an extra half-inch charge?

I have played the game, and frankly I think it’s hardly perfect. However, I do feel it’s very engaging, and the new minis are spectacular.
We can continue this on the age of sigmar discussion topic.

2 Likes