Foreshadowing

This topic was made to discuss foreshadowing in Bionicle, mainly ones in the books, comics, movies, and even commercials.

2 Likes

Man, this topic sure doesn’t have any posts. I doubt that’ll ever change.
Teridax always loved to foreshadow alotta stuff. Going back and re-reading those things he said now, after the story’s over is pretty cool.

4 Likes

In Onewa Metru’s advertisement video, at the end you see him on top of a cliff shaped like a face. THE MATA NUI ROBOT’S FACE. 0_0

3 Likes

Oh man, so many on the Telescope in MNOG.

9 Likes

Yeah, they foreshadowed SOOO much in that. It kinda makes me mad that nobody spotted it earlier. YOU HEAR THAT KIDS? NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!

5 Likes

Ah all that forshadowing from MNoG. I remember them fondly

1 Like

I think the biggest clue was the impenetrable protodermis layer.

3 Likes

I’ll never forget the foreshadowing of Mata Nui being a robot when Teridax put him to sleep in Legends of Metru Nui.

3 Likes

The “moons” being eclipsed and the Great Cataclysm… ah good memories…

3 Likes

I suppose there was a lot of foreshadowing that Takua would become the 7th Toa.

Leader of the Chroniclers Company.

Didn’t completely fit in with any of the Koros.

Etc.

5 Likes

Is this topic also for the new Bionicle?

If so… Temple of Time. That’s all I have to say.
Also, Tahu’s Bio says he “seems to be born under a very lucky star”. Just sayin’, it says ‘born’.

~Onya the landlord.~

3 Likes

I always thought it was odd for a Ta-Matoran like Takua to be light blue. I guess his color scheme was a foreshadowing of what type of Matoran Takua really was.

3 Likes

Alright, so here’s my theory. They had this big massive story bible, and they filled it with tons of ideas, such as Takua being a Toa of Light and Mata Nui being a Robot, but the backstory wasn’t written. There was no real explaination aside from what was directly in the story serials.

If you remember, the majority of our background knowledge was “published” in 2008 when Farshtey started expanding the world. I think that a lot of the minor foreshadowing (Takua being an Av-Matoran n stuff like that) wasn’t intentional. It’s like how Rooster Teeth expanded the RVB world by giving explaination to previously established events. Essentially, Farshtey just used what they already had and built off of that without a real plan. He’s said so himself that he usually doesn’t plan out his writing, esp for BIONICLE (which also explains a lot =P)

Food for thought.

2 Likes

Want something obscure? I read the novelization of The Legends of Metru Nui in 2009 and I noticed a few differences between the book and the movie, particularly with one line.

When Makuta reveals himself to the Toa Metru? In the movie the scene goes like this:
Lhikan: “Makuta! You were sworn to protect the matoran!”
Makuta: “And I shall. And when they awake I will be their great leader.”

In the book Makuta’s line is slightly different. Rather than saying “great leader” he says “Great Spirit” instead. It was even followed by Vakama being baffled on how anyone could think they could become like Mata Nui.

Possible foreshadowing?

6 Likes

@Sharnak : you might be right!

Also, something just hit me: Time trap is full of Foreshadowing.

5 Likes

I didn’t even know what type of Matoran he was, even when he put on the Mask. I didn’t even learn it until the Phantoka >.<

1 Like

Oh man…the forshadowing of the inika tho…