Forgotten events in the Matoran Universe: Assassination

‘Forgotten events in the Matoran Universe’ is a fan-written novels to fill up the blanks from the history of matoran universe. Many non-canon characters will be shown in the story.

Chapter: Assassination
timeline: two thousand years before the great cataclysm

Everything seemed to be peaceful in the coastal village of Imana-koro, a village located in northern part of the southern isles, except for one thing, matoran were worried of a missing matoran. In turaga’s hut, turaga of this village said Toa Imana, protector of the village, that they need to find the matoran.

“Please, find him,” the turaga said. “We will,” toa Polaris, the leader of Toa Imana, said. The Toa Imana left outside. “Mahnit and Aukume, you’ll go deep inside of this island, Iman and Kaantham, you will go around the coastline,” Toa polaris ordered to his teammates. “Imanta and I will stay in the village and protect the rest of the matoran, got it?” “Yes!” the rest of Toa Imana said.

Toa Mahnit, toa Aukume, toa Iman, and toa Kaantham left their village for their mission. Toa Polaris and toa Imanta sat on a bench, waiting their friends to succeed their mission.

After one hour and a half, a roar was heard from the island. Toa Polaris shuddered. He had heard of it only for once, but the memory was never forgotten in his mind. “Polaris, are you alright?” toa Imanta asked Polaris in a worried voice. “Tahtorak,” he replied. His voice seemed scared. He stood up. “I need to tell everyone that they need to move to another island,” he said. “No,” Imana said. “First, we need to save our teammates!” “Every matoran and the turaga of this village never seen or heard of tahtorak!” Polaris said to Imanta. “They don’t know they are in a very dangerous situation. We need t…” “You don’t need to worry about that,” someone interrupted Polaris.

He looked around, and found out it was Tokaauto, the only matoran in this village who doesn’t have the elemental power of magnetism, was the one who interrupted him. “I already told the turaga that tahtorak is in this island and it is one of the most dangerous rahi in the Matoran Universe,” Tokaauto said. “How did you know about tahtorak?” Polaris asked. “You know, I was a adventurur, and I saw many things during my adventures,” Tokaauto answered. “And tahtorak was one of them.”

Polaris looked back at Imanta. “We need to go to save our friends!” he said. polaris sighed. “Alright, let’s go,” Polaris said. As the two toa tried to leave the village, Tokaauto said. “I’ll follow. I’m a chronicler, and its my job to record your missions.” Polaris sighed again. “Okay, fine,” He grumbled. “Just make sure you stay close with me. First, we will save Mahnit and Aukume.” Toa Polaris, toa Imanta, and Tokaauto headed deep inside of the island to save their friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------hours later-------------------------------------------------------------

“Toa Mahnit~! Toa Aukume~!” Tokaauto yelled as he and others were searching other toa who might be in danger. “It’s becoming night,” Polaris, who was right behind of Tokaauto, said. “I think we need to retreat. What do you think? Polaris turned back, only to realize his teammate wasn’t to be seen. He looked around, but what he could see was only Tokaauto who was still yelling through the woods. As Polaris tried to say Tokaauto that Imanta was missing, Tokaauto said first. ”Toa Polaris, the tree, it is…“

Polaris turned his head to front and saw a tree turning into a pile of dead bodies. Both Polaris and Tokaauto recognized them. They were the missing matoran and the rest of Toa Imata. “The elemental power of sonic is my favorate power…” A tree next to the dead bodies also turned into a winged makuta. The makuta was holding a barbed broadsward in his right arm. “…As it can mimic any sound, including tahtorak’s roar,” he continued. “Yes, I’m the one who made the roar and killed them.” He pointed his finger to the dead bodies. “You…” Tokaauto tried to said but stopped. He and Polaris’ body was tied and their mouth was blocked by vines and thornbushes.

The makuta came closer to Tokaauto and stabbed him. “Silence,” the makuta said. “I was talking.” Tokaauto closed his eyes, never to open them again. This angered Polaris. The makuta looked at Polaris and continued his talk. “You know, my species is completely made out of gas, so we need to wear armors to live like other species. And you and your team’s elemental power, the power of magnetism, is the weakness to these armors. That’s the reason why I need to…” the makuta continued. As he was speaching, Polaris tried as hard as he could to crack the makuta’s armor so that the gas of antidermis can be leaked.

Just as he almost succeed, the makuta noticed it. “Don’t you get it?” the makuta said. He used his kraata power of plant control to choke Polaris. That made the toa of magnetism couldn’t continue using his power. “I hate to be inturrupted,” the makuta said. Polaris slowly closed his eyes, knowing it would be the last time he would see the world. After Polaris and Tokaauto died, the makuta stopped using his power and flew to Destral. What was left from the place was dead bodies of six toa and two matoran.

2 Likes