Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

“According to some of the other Matoran here, we’re in ga Metru and this is some kind of lighthouse thing” said derk from where is was standing nearsighted the pod “my name is derkdekins, most people called/speak me derk” he got up and walked over to the new matoran “should we all introduce ourselves?” He asked

2 Likes

Another matoran pops out of a pod, this time with a brown rectangular backpack that’s almost as tall as him. He falls on his back, the excessively large bag cushions his landing. He lays on the bag gasping for air, confused about the situation.

“Excellent, another citizen.” the Vahki comments.

“Query: Are there any more of these un-opened containers located within this structure?” the machine asked no-one in particular.

Carreg takes a deep breath and lowers his sword. It is slowly becoming obvious that these other “Matoran” are as lost and confused as he is. He walks past them in silence to retrieve his disk, then slots it back in the Kanoka launcher. Hefting the weapon over his shoulder, he asks, “Well, what now?”

"current directive: You must be returned to the hive for safe-keeping and armament, until such a time as current Vahki units still operational can re-establish order.”

“I’m sorry, for what? I’m not going anywhere with you, big guy.”

“I second the motion.” Halmos snorted. “You deserve none of my empathy, trash can, and especially none of my obedience. I don’t know where we’ll go,or what we do, but fully expect following your orders to be at the bottom of the list.”

As he spoke, Halmos almost courageously walked up and jabbbed a finger towards the Vahki’s oversized head. He sincerely hoped nobody noticed his knees wobbling as he spun around with a flourish and stalked back towards Carreg.

“Regardless where we go, we do need to go before long.” Halmos muttered to the assembled party. He opened his mouth to continue, but looked around with a puzzled expression.

“Where’s the other one? She was just here a minute ago.”

1 Like

“This is unacceptable. There are many dangers present you are ill-equipped to face. You do not have to stay at the hive long, only enough to arm oneself. After which, this unit cannot inhibit you citizen. Only request you stay to assist in reclamation efforts, though you are free to refuse. This unit only wishes to help citizen,” the Vahki said, the last bit showing some hint of what could be considered emotion to it, “that is all it is designed for.”

“Nobody cares.” Halmos coughed in the Vahki’s direction, still trying to locate the missing Matoran. “Last I remember, you- you things were what got me trapped in that pod. And I grant you, my memory hasn’t been excellent as of late, but it’s been remarkably clear on that point.”

During his speech he had been all over the lighthouse, peering out the window, checking behind rubble, shooting threatening glances into the eyes of everyone present to see if they would provide an answer. “You show up from nowhere as we all conveniently can’t remember nearly anything which has occurred and begin ordering us around and insisting we head to an unknown location with you. No.”

“Put that in your mask and snort it.” Halmos huffed with disgust before pausing to determine what the heck he had actually said.

1 Like

Weldvo carefully picks up the launcher, moving it around in his hands and inspects all of its cracks. He then runs to the pile of protodermis at was his late pod, and comes back holding small pieces of finer protodermis.

“Oh this is definitely enough,” Weldvo said with a smile. “Although, what you plan to do to power this thing?” He then gives a cautious glance at the vahki, before turning right back to face Vergil.

1 Like

“While this unit has no memory of these actions in it’s stacks, it apologizes for any injury it may have caused. If required for trust, this unit will deactivate it’s weapons, and you may confiscate it’s staves.”

“I’ll kick your glowing skull in.” He hissed. “There’s nothing you can do to inspire my trust in you, and if you ever make the mistake of approaching me I’ll make you sorely regret it.”

“Is anyone gonna help me out here?” He swung around to the whole group. “She said her name, but my mind is blanking at the moment.”

“That is a shame. If you are so insistent, this unit will leave you to your own devices, and your compatriots may stay with you. This unit only asks that you at least consider it.” A note of what could be called melancholy, if it wasn’t a machine was present in the Vahki’s mechanical voice.

It stepped away from where it crouched in front of the doorway, and stood up. It walked a bit away, and sat down on a pile of rubble, it’s head hung down.

Vergil glances at him. “Natural launcher. Draws on natural energy.” She tapped her heartlight with a finger.
“If I budget it and I’ll be fine.”

She glances at the launcher. “How soon? Need to start following Lync. She may have found…something.”

2 Likes

The newly released matoran glances at the Vahki then turns to the pod. “So that thing put us in there?,” he murmured.

“Look fella, none of us exactly remember” derk says to the new matoran “i think that we ever should ‘trust’ the Vahki” derk turns slightly away from the Vahki and his tone goes a little lower “because even IF they did put/place us in the pods this one clearly doesn’t remember/think that which means it would no longer try to do that to us again” he then continued in a very low voice “and if he does cross us we got kibal who knows how they are made, so we could ever do away with it” derk said to the group of matoran in the light house

2 Likes

The matoran stands up and stretches. “Well, who ever put us in there could of at least made them comfortable, my back is killing me!”

1 Like

“What’s comfort?” Voyo says sarcasticly.

Suddenly, a massive fiery red and gold beam of energy erupts into the sky from the neighboring Metru. If the Matoran didn’t notice this surging beam traveling up to the heavens, its odd, vibrating humming noise would catch their attention. It almost seemed to be calling as it raged against the air.

As almost in response, lightning screaks across under the red sun. Racing, thundering its boiling screams as the bolts merge into a massive wheel over the coliseum. A wheel not unlike that which the crab had fired at them earlier. And once fully formed, this wheel of lightning spins over into Po-Metru with a mighty crack and the light beam goes out. So powerful an energy surge that the Matoran could feel a small quake and all the lightstones grew a bright for a moment.

And then for a few blinks, the city stilled again. Then the screeches came. The time for hiding was over.

@Spawner @Kirathel @Keplers @rainsong @Ghid @ProfSrlojohn @1000Purse30 @Atobe_Brick @Cordax @Eilrach

4 Likes

“What was that” Voyo said