Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

“O-oh! I-uh, I’m Efari, a protodermis researcher!”

“I am, was a a er uh, know what was I? something to do with order/law enforcement wasn’t it?” Derk asks himself “I am a detective! right? Yes that’s ever right, I remember three case/mystery’s I was so ever happy about, now why was I so happy? oh that’s right I figured them out.”

2 Likes

“Oh um… that’s uh… interesting?” She says with a shy, awkward smile. Talking to people was not her strong suit.

“So um… uh… what do you plan to do now?”

“Well I guess leave, somehow, because the city is ever damaged, ‘cause don’t have a life/home here now”

2 Likes

Pakiki finds that what’s left isn’t enough to really collect. There are also no green webs in this room, if he has seen them it would only be by looking outside the broken windows.

Vergil looks at the lightstone machine, and without further speech moves over and examines it (attempting to ascertain whether it is broken or usable, how broken it is if so, and any other details about it).

1 Like

Weldvo sets right next to his pod and takes out his firestaff and heat stone. “Well it the world outside sucks, might as well make it bearable.”

Using the staff cuts open his pod into multiple large sections, the thick sheets of protodermis falling on the ground with a clang. A small dust cloud rises around him while he does this.

“Alright, take your pick: short Sword, curved, or spear? And how here wants some thicker plating? I have all the time in the world,” he says as he takes one of the sheets, and with the assistance of the heat stones and his tools he molds the sleet in various ways and shapes.

1 Like

From earlier room observations, the front of the machine was broken, having piles of glass and crystal shards. Which can now more easily be discerned as being the lenses and lightstone. The machine could still be turned and pointed in different directions, but that appeared to be about it. If it could turn on, there was no indication due to the shattered lightstone. Though moving dials did make it give a slight hum, perhaps to intensify the lightstone. Some of it seemed to adjust it to be more focused.

Vergil gingerly taps the lightstone (trying very hard not to get shards of it stuck in her hand), turning a few of the hums. “It’s broken,” she says rather unnecessarily. She pauses and looks over toward the corpse-Matoran.
Was he trying to signal someone…?

Vergil examines the corpse, gingerly touching it in and trying to see if they have any items of interest on them, or signs as to what/who they were.

“Do you have enough for a spear,” she asks Weldvo in a distracted tone. “If these things are out there we should…be ready.”

@ajtazt

@Spawner

“I-um, already have a spear, but once everyone else is done, and um, if it’s not any trouble, could I get a bit more armor?”

Aside from the burnt mask it wore, the cadaver had no other items of interest. Unless one considers the shards of its brain to be of interest. Though if any were grim enough, the body’s parts could be used for making something. It’s not it was going to be needing.

Halmos gave a violent start and glared daggers into the Matoran.

“Are you kidding?”

Halmos stood back up. “If these things are out there, I’m staying put. Why in Karzahni would I go romping out across what’s left of Metru Nui when Matoran-hunting spider monsters are roaming about? I’d rather take my chances in the silver sea with a rock around my ankles.”

“um… well, I mean… it’s not too far the the great Temple, we could see if they have something on these things, and maybe we can fight them long enough to get a boat to somewhere south!”

1 Like

“Thanks kid, love the enthusiasm.” Halmos growled, glaring at the opposite wall. “Listen, when they start eating us, would you mind covering yourself in bula berries and posing on a silver platter? Might buy us a couple seconds.”

1 Like

“oh, um… if you think it might hel-wait! You’re being sarcastic! …Aren’t you?”

“Well I’ve got this disk, is it ever possible that you could make a shield of sorts, so I can have something to hide behind?”

2 Likes

Pakiki had been tinkering with a small machine for a while.
"Let’s look on the bright side. We’ve got plenty of scrap metal, and we have map. I say we travel around Metru Nui, and find more Matoran. It’ll be an adventure!

Halmos did whatever was necessary to avoid eye contact.

Derk may have heard a small murmur of coward from the direction of a certain Ta-Matoran.

“I have a better idea,” Halmos huffed. “Why don’t we find a better safehouse if possible, not get ourselves killed, and wait for Toa to show up? Sound good?”

“Fine, I can tell you don’t want any help!” Efari said, grabbing her spear and walking out of the lighthouse to sit outside.

“An adventure!? How can you say that, you be a optimist/happy think but really? The archives are damaged, now I’ve delivered a couple of their “specimens”, I agree with the ta Matoran over there” nodding towards halmos “but if we continue fighting/arguing like this we are all going to die”

2 Likes