Found In Webs: Sign up/Discussion Topic (CLOSED)

Yeah thats correct (probably should have specified that :stuck_out_tongue:) to me I doesnā€™t make sense due to his occupation being a detective

you donā€™t have to change it I was just confused

2 Likes

I forget, donā€™t the Vahki have some sort of heat or infrared vision? I remember seeing that in the movie, but maybe Iā€™m imagining that.

Biosector doesnā€™t mention it anywhere, so I donā€™t think so? Not something Iā€™ve seen mentioned in the books either, and Iā€™ve just been re-reading those.

1 Like

Yeah, might have been a movie thingā€¦

Iā€™m pretty sure that was just supposed to be visual shorthand to signify that theyā€™re robots. What else speaks robot more in the 2000s than eyes that see the world like a poor security camera?

Though regardless, the Vahkiā€™s vision would still be impaired.

Are Vahki immune to all rhotuka and kanoka or just paralysis powers?

So far just paralysis since we donā€™t have a specification as to how the power works. In canon, it could cause the Vahki to become paralyzed or it may not, we donā€™t know. I erred on the side of caution and decided that one will not affect the Vahki.

1 Like

the entirely pink matoran was pushing things but this seems to be more ridiculous than that

1 Like

Hello N01nParticular,

Itā€™s not too late, you can still join the game. However, I cannot approve your character in its current state as there are several issues. First and foremost, in regards to Matoran, you can only play one belonging to the primary six elements. I do really enjoy the secondary elements, but the six are more true to the setting of Metru Nui.

The camera is fine, Iā€™ve already allowed similar Book of Chronicles/Episode Book devices. For the lightstone rifle, you do need to specify what the modifications can do. Iā€™m not fond of the idea of Metru Nui Matoran having Xian weaponry in this setting, especially since trade was heavily restricted. Itā€™s possible in the crime underworld that some could have gotten through, but I will be limiting who can have them. Especially with them starting out. Gatora has one, but she would also have to remember that it exists, find her home, and then find the weapon assuming itā€™s still there. A highly unlikely event.

Matoran cannot use Kanohi powers, especially a Faxon in this sort of game. The device for activating its power doesnā€™t make sense with any of the Kanohi mechanics in canon. But with or without device, the character cannot actively use Kanohi.

Please revise the character and resubmit or create a different character more fitting for the setting.

2 Likes

Fixed it. Got rid of the kpd and the rifle gave em a bo staff

You also need to change the element too.

1 Like

@ajtazt

Alright fixed the element.
I hope thatā€™s all.

Edit:got rid of some things relating to sound, mainly the echo location thing.

Name: zeran

Species: matoran

Element: ice

Kanohi: Faxon (great) non aquatic

Appearance: standard matoran, looks pretty distinct from his peers because heā€™s from a different island. Has a grey cloak With pinkish/purplish runes similar to that on Artahkaā€™s / Gregā€™s self insertā€™s armor and mask (this could be a hint to which island he came from.) the cloak seems to dry quickly and doesnā€™t tear.
White and dark gray armor one pinkish/purplish rune on the cheek of his mask.
Powers and Weapons: , camera that has pictures on it relating to his past.(these may come in handy in certain areas to see what they looked like before the great cataclysm.) though he has no idea who took them. He has a Bo staff, keen sense of hearing

Personality: gets distracted easily, wanders off some times, doesnā€™t like overwhelming noises, does thoroughly enjoy music even finds it calming . hates it when people interrupt him when heā€™s working on something, doesnā€™t talk/communicate well when he has a plan, hardly ever makes eye contact. He does tend to joke around when heā€™s nervous, sometimes just spaces out and has to be brought up to speed by his peers, doesnā€™t get some social cues. Bad at reading the room, Likes the color pink, not much of a fighter

Background:was photographer for a local le metru vehicle catalog (do they have catalogs in this universe. Dabbles in engineering

Since Iā€™m new to this whole rpg
thing I donā€™t want him to die unless I change my mind.

Edit 2: the camera has the same runes as his cloak, might be an artistā€™s signature

Hope this works, and if you need me to make any more changes just dm me I donā€™t want to clutter this topic

Good, I want him to seem as out of place and foreign as possible.

2 Likes

The purpose of this topic is, in one sense, clutter. The lent collector to make the RPG itself flow without as much interruption. And besides, without public notes, it would be difficult for others to see if similar questions and rulings.

Anyways, in the current form of the profile, it is now acceptable enough. Please do not make any more edits to the post. Your character can wake up out of their pod at the top of the lighthouse like the others. Gatora (Keiththelegokidā€™s RPC) is at the bottom of it, so Zeran wonā€™t have far to go to find someone.

1 Like

hate to rain on your parade but if you specifically request that he doesnā€™t die the gm is more likely to make his death more of an eventuality

The whole point of this rp is doom and gloom and one characterā€™s died (ā€œdiedā€) already and weā€™ve barely started so

plus having a character isnā€™t about ensuring that character lives no matter what by any means necessary, but writing that character realistically and improving your writing skills; character death is one of the greatest opportunities to flex writing prowess and sometimes you need to go through an entire rp before youā€™re given that chance

Iā€™ll stop ranting now I promise maybe

4 Likes

@Ghid

I stand by what I said earlier but I shall heed your advice, and Iā€™m still open to change my mind at a later date

I will update everyone on my decision on wether I want to keep my character alive at the beginning of each new act. But for now I still want Zeran to live.

Now if you donā€™t mind me Iā€™m done editing this post and I will never touch it again, you have my word

Hhmmm how is @N01InParticular going to catch up to us, because weā€™re getting kinda faraway from the lighthouse

2 Likes

@Eilrach

If @keiththelegokidā€™s character gatora is still alive by the time I get down i should be able to
Join up with her and possibly make it back to the rest of the group.

To bad you two didnā€™t wake up when me and @1000Purse30 were in the lighthouse

2 Likes

Indeed.

Little note: since Zeran was in his sphere longer his memories are a bit more fuzzy.

The lighthouse is not far from the feeding center, so Zeran (and Gatora) can easily catch up with Voyo, Derk, Tar, and Vahki friend.