Fowler - The Messenger Impalpable

A few months ago, I found myself looking at various World War I military outfits. Several things caught my eye, and after searching through pieces on hand, and searching the internet for 3D printed substitutes, I eventually decided that the only way to get what I wanted, was to build it myself.

Additional Photos

Character

A being of which very little is known beyond the place and species he comes from. Lands past the great northern mountains, a species only able to live through the habitation of highly pressurized suits that compress their normally gaseous body into a gelatinous semisolid.

It’s unclear exactly what his motives are, but the acts of terrorism he has perpetrated have induced heavy paranoia, leading many to cry out for help from the reigning body. Random locations have suddenly had the air turned to poison, creating casualties into the hundreds, all the while leaving no detectable traces of weaponry at the scene. The only consistent findings have been a presence of beetle larvae.

Going into this MOC, I had very little experience doing custom heads, especially complicated round shapes. Similarly, the “jacket” he wears was a completely new thing for me. Both saw their levels of success, and I’m especially happy with how the gas mask turned out. Gas masks are one of those things that look intimidating, despite being ridiculous looking, something I tried to implement with the crooked hat, and large eyes. The “jacket” looks alright. I realized after making it that there should’ve been angular shaping around the waist, but aside from that, it turned out good enough for a first attempt. Maybe I’ll revisit it in the future. (probably not)

I really thought I’d be uploading more MOCs this summer

16 Likes

nice gas mask design

8 Likes

Oww that’s so cool. You absolutely nailed the look. Amazing job.
Blue pins and red axels make me sad though lol but it’s only a small thing.

4 Likes