G1 Toa Mata Tahu styled with G2 parts

Been having a burst of inspiration for Bionicle lately, decided to put it to use.

Hated how overused gold and silver were in G2 so I made a G1 styled Tahu with and mix of G1 and G2 parts. Didn’t have enough orange so I made do with trans-orange pieces.

Rest of the pics

32 Likes

Nice MOC, but Tahu looks a bit fat. Does he have a gear function because on his back he has a gear.

His chest sticks out a bit, but other wise this is really good. I like the minimal use of the trans orange as accents, they help the color scheme.

Purely for aesthetic purposes though it can turn. Yeah I notice that, it’s a lot more prominent in pictures than in person though, feels normal to me when holding and looking at him

The poseability and color scheme on this look really nice. The shaping is overall good, except in some pictures the red foot piece on the chest looks a bit odd. The backs of the legs could maybe use a little more red or orange to cover up the black bone parts. But, I really like this.

Decent work here. The chest sticks out pretty far, so it makes his whole body seem somewhat awkward. The limbs are a little simplistic, but that isn’t necessarily bad.

While I agree that gold was overused I think this guy suffers from too few contrasting colors. I would recommend trying to add orange to him in some way.

More pictures would also be nice.

EDIT: sorry, didn’t see the link.

More pictures can be found at the link @aatkaw provided.