G2 Pohatu with Burnt Orange Kakama

Here he is with the Golden Mask of Stone:

And here he is with a burnt orange Kakama:

Before anybody asks, no, I did NOT attach the Mata head. I just balanced it on top of the balljoint & the chestplate:

Suggested by @PekekoaOfJungle.

12 Likes

Oh Mata Nui, that looks awesome!

First.

1 Like

Actually pretty cool. Just doesn’t work under normal conditions.

2 Likes

Normal conditions meaning on the set, since it’s pretty tough to connect a Mata head (and make it look good)?

Indeed. There are other ways, though.

1 Like

Wow that actually looks really nice!

1 Like

Foolproof way to attach a Mata Mask to a CCBS torso: use a Brain Attack head, 1 red pin (or black if you want) and one 2-hole technic beam with a round hole and an axle hole. Works, actually looks good, and simple, if you have the pieces.

As for the topic itself, it threw me at first because of how the set doesn’t look like a Pohatu(at least how I envision him). But ignoring that, it looks really cool, especially since I like the old Kakama over the new one. My only complaint is that, somehow, the old Kakama makes him look thinner. I don’t know why, but it does.
Pohatu is a skull villain confirmed!

1 Like

too spooky?

1 Like

Whaaaaat? Creativity without any attachments? What kind of sorcery is this?! :grinning:

1 Like

Magic. snort snort

2 Likes

I actually saw that movie where the quote comes from :grinning:

1 Like

oh cool

2 Likes

Laziness, that’s what kind. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:smile: looks good.

1 Like

The old one looks better, the boxiness and clean look of the mask better compliments the CCBS shells, rather than the sleek curvy new mask…

1 Like

I’m not sure if I get what you’re saying. :confused: Could you post that?

1 Like

I added a long neck because I had a custom Torso on this MOC, but you can attach any Mata Nuva Mask in the round hole.

1 Like

Oh, one of that Technic piece. Wasn’t sure what piece you were referring to. Thanks! :smiley:

The best kind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like