G2 Takanuva MOC

I’d love to see more of Jaller, he looks amazing.

1 Like

dang this is REALLY nice, i don’t have any complaints

2 Likes

Probably one of the best G2 Takanuvas I’ve seen. Great job!

1 Like

That’s look good, and awesome for Takanuva, nice job!

You apparently expected wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Since everyone else is posting what they like about this MOC, I figure I’ll go ahead and say what I feel is subpar. I dislike the positioning of the lower arm armor. It looks alright from the front, but I know for a fact that the back of them isn’t as hot. I’d recommend putting it on the side.

Another thing I dislike is the 2015 armor piece on the upper legs. It gives a really weird shape to the legs, and overall just makes the MOC look messy. I’d recommend taking those off, then replacing the CCBS armor underneath with white.

The random gear in the pelvic region, while looking cool, kinda breaks the color scheme. And speaking of color scheme, the silver hands aren’t a great choice, IMO.

The spear just looks like an amalgamation of parts to me. It’s thick and doesn’t flow well. Also, not sure what’s up with the random tube on the end of it.

Aside from those issues, I think it’s pretty solid. I especially like what you did with the lower legs, and the painting is, of course, incredible. I’d rate this probably 7.5/10.

3 Likes

Wow, this looks great! One of the most believable Takanuva G2 MOCs I’ve ever seen.

If Greg likes it then I like it.

l really like this, the shaping is amazing, and so are the colors! How did you get the chst peice like that though?

I took a simple two-sided eraser (The classic one with red and blue sides.) and rubbed the armor for an hour or so with the blue one. Eventually, the printing came off. I guess it was possible because the printing doesn’t stay as good on metallic plastic. I was actually able to do the same thing to Gahlok-Kal’s faceshield, though it took a bit longer.
Just to be clear, I didn’t use nail-polish removal or anything similar to it, so there are no chemical substances involved.

He’s quite simple actually. I am planning on posting him and Takua as a separate topic though.

I am still thinking of how to fix the crotch, however, in my defence it actually fits as a continuation of Metru hip piece, that had a gear-like groove at the bottom.

I was going to buy white hands, but decided against it, since it’s just his hands. They are not covered by armor and that’s why they’re metallic. Though design-wise you’re actually right.

Tried to emulate the Nuva limb piece. I am going to fix that with these and some system behind them. Thanks for reminding me though!

1 Like

If that’s the case, I’d recommend flipping it around; putting the system on the front, and ccbs on the back. It’ll emulate the original Takanuva better.

This is a really good MOC, especially in terms of proportions and shaping.

Does/did the chestplate still have a good finish after you rubbed it off? Like, was it shiny like regular Lego CCBS pieces? Other methods I’ve seen end up making them rough-looking and I was wondering if this method produces the same result.

It was just like regular CCBS. Very shiny, however, if you want to be extra careful, start with the “blue” side and when the job is almost done, switch to the “red”.

1 Like

10/10 Would buy (are you selling?)

Not a big fan of the staff, otherwise not too shabby.

Dang, this is nice. A little on the thin side, but hey, what do I know. I have tried to make a G2 Takanuva and/or Takua MOC, but this is waaay better than what I would imagine/make. Great work!

That is very good, kinda reminds me of a mix between Kopaka and Ekimu with its colour scheme, and also if your gonna put Makuta into the pic, try getting them in a kholli kinda pose

looks great,you should make a creature for him aside agil