G2 Toa refsheet

Actually, Lewa being lanky as he was portrayed makes a lot of sense. All of the body shapes make sense.

2 Likes

This is simply glorious, perfectly displays the Bionicle aesthetic of tribal robots.

I really love Kopaka’s gloves, and Pohatu’s feet.

This is really cool.

But seriously, LEGO does need to hire you. You put a much more positive spin on the “upgrade” for 2016 that the sets really lacked. Amazing job! Pohatu looks way better here :stuck_out_tongue:

Also If you havent catched it, but you are one of my several artists that left an impression on me and influence/influenced my current/future work.

sweet, thats flattering.

Nice, but I think Pohatu’s boots are to big.

These are beyond amazing! But why is Gali’s head so small?

She looks like a thick woman, probably cause of the oceanic lifestyle.

Its ether perspective or the boots are meant to be large cause of the chicking be intensifing.

I can almost imagine Gali singing Under the sea from the little mermaid…

Shudders.

I was thinking more of how Oceanic women are naturally built, not some disney fantasy.

1 Like

what bugged me the first time I saw it, was that Gali was thicker than Lewa! than I read @TeslaEffect comment about oceanic women being thicker because of their lifestyle, and now that makes sense. But I will complain and say that she has too small of a chest; also, sure, women who live near oceans are better built than women who live on land, but Gali lives IN the ocean. she needs to be thinner to swim faster.
It also makes sense for Lewa to be thin and graceful, but he looks anorexic here, without his armor. If he’s going to look graceful, take example of Legolas ! I think the solution wouldn’t be to beef up his limbs, but to thin out his body, to make the grace look natural. there’s nothing you can do about it now, but there’s food for thought.

I wouldnt say anorexic, rather he is build lanky to traverse the jungles, branches, and tight spaces. Example, the Disney Tarzan or the Amazonian native people.

1 Like

I don’t know, if Lewa’s legs were stronger, he’d have my exact proportions, IRL, so…he is more proportionate than you’d expect.

yes, I understand that. It’s just that his body looks like a rectangle with a head and four lines coming out at the four corners to emulate feet (I’m talking about the non-armored versions). And that’s why I think he looks anorexic: his limbs are bony but his torso looks fine. with the armor, he doesn’t as bad as I’m making him seem, though.

its part him actually being very thin and part me really liking to push proportions. and really, if youre okay with me making onua this stupidly wide you should be ok with me going in the otehr direction aswell :wink:

1 Like

I said I liked it… But anyway, your work, your choices. :grin:

So much is great here.
However, the greatest thing is definitely the skull on Pohatu’s arm…