G3 Set Concept: Muaka Escape

And for another set concept using one of the Rahi models I made (but not conceptualized in this case), we have the Muaka Escape! A first for me is that this set contains Toa (Vako Nest contained Narmoto, but this is the first to include the characters as Toa-heroes.) Could be a small section in the story, could be switched around character-wise to suit it.

Regardless, Muaka Escape

The Toa have accidentally entered the territory of an angry Muaka! While Toa Kopaka steers the bulky cargo snowmobile out of the way, have Toa Gali man the rear-mounted turret and fire the stud shooters to try and convince the Muaka that it may have bitten off more than it can chew! Can the Toa escape the Muaka’s territory?

EDIT: Updated Snowmobile with different colour scheme and slight alteration of the Muaka.

The Muaka desgin from the Megathread.

The Cargo Snowmobile, with Kopaka, Pohatu, and Gali, roughly following @Sokoda’s designs. The structure was patterned both on the Kurahk’s Snowmobile for some aesthetic, and on an actual snowmobile for the form, while the turret is a recolour of @Kardax’s designs. I’m sort of imagining this as Kopaka, “procuring” the snowmobile from somewhere at some point.

EDIT: The new colour scheme of the snowmobile.

The snowmobile separated, with the Toa beside it.

The set overall contains 284 pieces, likely 286 including the cape for Kopaka and the sash for Gali if they were present.

20 Likes

Looks cool, the Snowmoblies skids look familiar^^.Can the cargo be detached?

2 to the 1 from - Hey, that turret looks really really good!
Nice turrets aside, let’s break it down.

1. The mobile
    Definitely reminds me of @Sokoda’s design, I believe that the back can be dettached, if it can, an image would be great. Maybe add some blues to break up the white?

2. The Rahi and Minis
    The minis are pretty good, obvious as to who’s who. The weapons and mask choices are good and the holder on the mobile was a nice touch.
    Now, that Rahi. It does remind of Sokoda’s design and is a great rendition, whilst I would not have necessarily done the same, some minor improvements could be made, such as adding levers and maybe some more detail pieces to the back of the legs on the back legs. But I like it overall, definitely obvious as to what this is.

This is a good and quite dynamic set overall, good job!

(Also, @Sokoda) I’ll have to make the necessary modifications to allow that; at the moment, the back can’t be detached (and to tell the truth, it only swivels a little at the moment). Yes, I’ll look into that for the colour scheme. I didn’t quite realize how much of an issue it was until I’d prototyped it.

(Though I couldn’t quite get an even one for Kopaka’s shield; notice how Pohatu’s holding it in his free hand!) It’s based on Oomatu’s design, not Sokoda’s. I probably will have to layer the hind legs up a bit; I just hadn’t out of OCDness for recreating Oomatu’s design.

But thanks guys!

EDIT: Gone and updated.