Gali GWP MOC Contest Entry: Krakua, Matoro Mahri, and MoL Takua

Welcome to the boards, Zeg! Your Krakua moc is pretty cool and I like how accurate it looks to the original moc while using System bricks, particularly the sword. Very nice job overall, neat moc!

6 Likes

Nice :+1:

5 Likes

Overall, a pretty good translation of the MoC. I especially like how the binoculars on the thighs represent the technic pin bits.

7 Likes

this might be my favourite yet, some very good techniques on this!

6 Likes

Thank you kindly, it’s great to be here!
Out of all the canonized MOCs you’d see in the Rahi guides and other books I used to read a ton of as a kid, Krakua was always a favorite of mine for how unique (albeit fragile!) his building techniques were, so I hope I could capture a little of that magic with the pieces I chose to help him pop out from Tahu a tad. Glad you like it!

4 Likes

I’m flattered, honestly, your submission is my favorite so far too!
Really didn’t wanna make it look too close to the original Tahu, being an older Toa design with a Hau-adjacent and Mata feet to match, so reimagining pieces like the legs and the torso articulation was a lot of fun to mess around with.
Best of luck with your entry and doubly for the Kopaka contest too!

5 Likes

Y’know what? How about another one!

13 Likes

Ooh he looks pretty cool! I really like the Cordak blaster and the overall moc is nice and accurate. Neat job!

5 Likes

ooo i love it
mask looks great, nice cordak blaster and i love the torso!

6 Likes

Thank you both for all the support! Trying to translate the stud shooter into a Cordak Blaster was part of what inspired me to tackle a Toa Mahri in the first place, and I’m wildly happy with the results. Can’t wait to use it some more!

5 Likes

No idea if this’ll be my last submission, but either way these’ve been a lot of fun so far and just about everything about the GWP set keeps giving me more ideas for stuff to make!

12 Likes

ok, this is aadorable
i love it

6 Likes

Ooh that build is pretty good too! Nice job at recreating the rebuilt form, neat moc

4 Likes

Better than what we got.

4 Likes

Hey by the way, congrats Zeg! Sorry I didn’t say as much sooner. You did make some great builds

5 Likes

congrats mate, u deserved it!

6 Likes

I built your Krakua & Matoro IRL (sorry for the bad photo quality, it’s a rushed job with bad lighting).

9 Likes

That’s really cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Love these! It took me too long to realize I could’ve put a downwards 2x2 bracket on the slope that make up Matoro’s torso to match the upwards bracket on the other side so you wouldn’t have that odd gap on his back :sweat_smile:

The decals look phenomenal too! I never would’ve expected the Kanohi Tryna design I whipped up by hand to look so clean in person, but I gotta say I might just have to buy these and build the little guys myself sometime. Genuinely, I’m humbled!

5 Likes

I’ve expanded your Matoro into the full toa Mahri here.

Also made them IRL (and just 100% complete my real life build), but considering as I don’t have a nice photography set up, it’ll be awhile before I post photos.

Of course my MOCs couldn’t exist without your base work. All of my GWP style MOCs borrow ideas from your post right here, and I’m not exaggerating on that.

4 Likes