Gali GWP MOC Contest Entry: Toa Lhikan and Turaga Dume

I built these models long before the start of the contest, but I had no reason to show them.

The Lhikan looks simple and just like a copy of Tahu, but the biggest difference is the articulation. Using bricks with headlights and round plates with bar, t-pieces and clips, I managed not only to get additional connection in the elbows, but also to get rid of the gray ball joints (except for the hands, where I could not think of another way).

Lhikan`s swords are just terrible, I agree. Their shape is very difficult to replicate in this scale. Maybe some advice on this?

I also could not make a stand so that he would stay on it and not fall.

When I said that I built both models earlier, I lied a little. I built Dume only after the announcement of all the competitions, which explains its incompleteness.

I wanted to build the movie version of it because I don’t like the version from original set.
The most interesting element of this model is the mask (in this case the head) but it is very simple and you don’t even need instructions to build it yourself.

When I saw the entry for Gali’s contest by @Stuubh (Iruini model)
I understood at what level the models for this competition should be built.
And 2nd: I will lose 100%, but still I wanted to take part in this competition (and maybe not even one)).

31 Likes

ah neat, this looks really cool!

4 Likes

Lhikan looks nice, especially in the render. Though I’m not a big fan of how the hands look on Dume’s body.

4 Likes

I like them both. Dume looks like an ancient Turaga.

3 Likes

Yo, I love this version of Lhikan. Not huge on the Turaga design but it’s innovative to say the least.

3 Likes

These brick-built versions of Lhikan and Dume look pretty good. I quite like how you did the metru build for Lhikan and the Turaga build for Dume is neat as well. Overall very nicely done mocs!

2 Likes

Lhikan is lookin clean :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Neat!!

3 Likes