Gali Let Herself Go A Bit

So, I really liked @thefallenfell 's drawing of Gali (posted yesterday I believe), and their stronger, more muscled interpretation of the Toa of Water. However, at first glance Gali looked more… out of shape than strong and muscular. Not bashing the picture, it’s still great, but it got this idea rolling in my head. And then I started drawing…

Nuva masks are a pain, but I had a blast regardless.

I’m so sorry, Gali fans…

update: made Gali’s colors more accurate.

55 Likes

Why oh why

6 Likes

This is… actually pretty funny. Nice. XD

1 Like

this is actually what happened after they dealt with Velika

7 Likes

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/878/541/e0c.gif

Why oh why do I have to see these kinds of things?

Regardless, this is pretty hilarious. The drawing is great, the perspective is a little off, but good regardless.

And yeah, Nuva masks are pretty hard to pull off.

18 Likes

Mata Nui

And I thought the Master of Water was a bit Chubby

I wonder what Pohatu and the rest of the team think?

2 Likes

She started watching journey to one

8 Likes

Amazing…

Tahu: “Gali, getting you that Netflix subscription was a bad idea.”

12 Likes

This is absolutely golden, I applaud you.

2 Likes

-after spherus magna reformation
-nuva armor

10 Likes

Gali:“one more episode…”

2 Likes

Oh wow XP

“When in its default configuration, Adaptive Armor looks similar to its wearer’s ordinary armor.”

I’m going with default/ordinary = standard Nuva armor. Or in Gali’s case here, XL-sized Nuva armor.

Edit: apparently Tahu Star’s golden armor represented his adaptive armor in default form… but we don’t speak of the stars here.

9 Likes

Funny little pic. A little unnerving, but funny nonetheless. I really hope you make a follow-up in the future.

1 Like

Actually, I’m planning on it, but it’s going to be at least a few days. Basically, someone gave me this idea of making this kind of ‘cynical epilogue’ of what happened to the Toa Nuva when they didn’t have anything to do after the reformation of Spherus Magna, and I’d like to make that with like a set of short comics. I’ll probably call it ‘Folly of the Toa’ or ‘Tragedy of the Toa’ or something like that…

Well, I wrote a small follow-up/explanation, ended up calling it “The Folly of the Toa”, for those of you who haven’t seen it yet:

Or alternatively, check it out on the DeviantArt page, since I’ve been having a lot of fun discussing it and yes, elaborating on it with the user who originally gave me the idea there.
http://scorpion-strike.deviantart.com/art/The-Folly-of-the-Toa-578310936

I’m working on a set of pictures now to kind of illustrate how each of the Toa Nuva ended up, along with snippets of their thoughts on what they’re doing; hopefully I’ll have all of them ready to post sometime early next week.

This is going awfully far for what was originally just a joke picture…

Edited for Double Post - Waj

2 Likes

7 Likes

This, this is odd, but I like it and I find it very funny. A* for awesomeness.

1 Like

WHAT ON EARTH.

2 Likes

The correct terminology is what on Spherus Magna. XD

3 Likes