Gali Mata MOC (Brian Fiedler Design)

Brian Fiedler’s Toa Mata designs are revolutionary. Here’s Gali based on them.

Grr, those dang grey pieces…

What do you think?

35 Likes

I really like it but…
Gali’s hooks are her tools
…not her hands.
That’s really my only nitpick, it looks great!

Then explain THIS clearly hook hands
:woozy_face:

1 Like

In one of the Takanuva’s flashbacks Gali is battling Hydraxon and it specifically says that he knocked both hooks from her hands.

1 Like

Ye I know I know, I just find the clip funny, its alright to be lighthearted

3 Likes

Oh heck yes the hooks for hands look, I friggan love that. Everyone always bites “oh they’re not her hands and if you do it I’m going to scream real loud” but you gotta love the legit praying mantis vibe it gives her. Also the torso it wicked rad, if only the cool designs could keep the function intact :weary: but dang does it look cool.

4 Likes

I very much like the torso, but those illegally placed gray studs on her legs give me severe anxiety just by looking at them.

1 Like

You’re gonna have a heart attack when you learn that most of this isn’t possible to build without sanding down parts…

Looks amazing! I too am a hooks-for-hands supporter.

3 Likes

Nobody’s gonna mention the cracked vahki arm balls? That axle doesn’t come attached.

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch! Yeah, I totally don’t mind anyone mentioning the hooks/hands conundrum, but hooks for hands are my favourite, too. That being said I think that obviously the toa have ways of detaching their tools from their hand/axle/connector thing on the end of their mata arm, or at least that’s always been my headcanon :()

Sorta like you see in some of the early 2001 commercials I guess

3 Likes

just because the hook hands aren’t canon doesn’t mean I don’t like the moc.
It’s a good moc.

1 Like

Oof. This hits hard

1 Like

I don’t know, it almost looks… too greebly…? It’s an impressive build, though. Really great uses of cut/stressed parts.

The hooks-for-hands are cool, but also weird to me because of the wrists. It just looks… uncomfortable to have wrists like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No such thing. :wink:

4 Likes

They’re actually blue. It’s just becuz of the lighting that they look grey.

1 Like

The torso looks fantastic. The only thing that looks a little odd is the lower leg ball joints just being open is a little off putting but other than that this is a fantastic build.

:joy: Out of the two things I mentioned, only one is the source of said anxiety. And the one you chose to comment on is not it.

Just wanted to make it clear lol