Gali the master of water

Once upon a time, I had this set as a kid some time ago. I didn’t know anything about the lore (Still don’t) but today i decided to google search for him and i found the price tag for it was INSANE. I seriously doubt my grandma bought it for this price, but i did a double take when i saw this:

I still have the Manuel somewhere.
(I don’t know if this counts as a flag or something but if it is, sorry)

5 Likes

Gali originally retailed for $14.99 in 2015, this is just Amazon inflating the prices

If you want to buy Gali now, she’ll cost about $40 used or $60 new

3 Likes

oh cool. yeah, I don’t think I wanna do that.

3 Likes

I got her way back when in 2015. Sadly, time (and my brother and I :joy:) has not been kind to her and so half her pieces went missing. (My biggest Lego related regret) It’s always been at the back of my mind to order replacement parts for all of my sets so that I can finally have a full collection again.

4 Likes

Yeah i think this set is cursed to be lost at some point. Wait, her? i always assumed it was a HE!

5 Likes

yeah Gali’s female

you can use biosector to read up on your Gali lore

5 Likes

My eyes have been opened.

7 Likes

yeah, amazon and a lot of other sites jack up the price a ton. That set retailed for around $15, and if you want it you can pick it up on bricklink for much cheaper

4 Likes

You’d be forgiven for thinking that if you watched the 2015 animations
BIONICLE 2015 - GALI: Master of Water - YouTube

4 Likes

And this, my friends, is why we never buy Bionicle from Amazon.

Yeah, Amazon is the worst possible place to buy old Lego of any kind, I think it’s because some people just don’t know about BrickLink. And, you get all of the knockoffs that just recycle Lego’s branding.

3 Likes

Do you like my car
Amazon is famous for being not the best place for Bionicle. eBay’s a much safer bet for retired lego.

5 Likes

Or Bricklink, once you’ve figured out how to order. Bricklink usually has sets and parts for their actual market value, unless there’s a run on a particular part or character.

3 Likes