Game of Thrones

http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/GAME-OF-THRONES.jpg

Game of Thrones, an HBO television show based on the book series “A Song of Ice and Fire” by George R. R. Martin, is the show everyone on your Facebook feed screams about whenever there’s a wedding.

Discuss.

6 Likes

Not to be a wet blanket, but isn’t this pushing your own content policy rules? :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt it, seeing as how I had this series in mind when I wrote them and they’re still listed as examples of what’s okay on the actual rules =P

I’ll be honest, not really into Game of Thrones.

1 Like

Derp. I guess I missed that somehow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t read the books (yet), but the show is quite spectacular. One of my friends recommended it to me around 3 months ago, and I binge watched the 4 seasons in around 2 weeks :P. Now I’m really looking forward to Season 5. Also, Arya & Tyrion FTW!

1 Like

I only comment here to ensure your plans are still to make Eljay’s wedding less “happily ever after,” and more “Game of Thrones.”

4 Likes

Red Wedding, thats all I can say as to why I love this tv series. It aint scared to show us the harsh reality of medieval politics.

Goodbye emotions, Season 5 finale just killed them, along with a lot of the cast.

I read the first book over the course of a weekend back in 2013. I’ve been making my through the second in bursts since then, and started watching the show as well; currently about halfway through Clash Of Kings and two episodes into Season 2.

It’s good. Dark as heck, but good.

1 Like

Still hold this opinion in a post-Season 8 world? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Honestly kinda started losing my love for it a while ago, but Season 8 definitely cemented the disappointment. I’m still interested in seeing how the books turn out, since it sounds like the direction the show went is different from what GRRM has in mind, but even then there’s plenty of room for them to end badly as well.

I will admit that since Dany is my favorite character, that may be at least part of the reason for my distaste with S8, but there are definitely lots of problems with it even outside of the forced villainization of the Breaker Of Chains.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that there isn’t more risk-laden content on this topic, given that it was specifically mentioned in the rules. Interesting.

More poorly aged things.

3 Likes