General "Quirks" Discussion Topic

Yeah, I needed a big push to stop caring. (The details of which are classified. :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

I’m not alone!

7 Likes

All this talk of pacing made me remember another quirk of mine: I apparently have bad diction. I was reminded of this because one time, when I told a teacher “I like to pace around in my room when I think,” he apparently heard it as “I like to piss in my room when I think.”

Yup.

That’s my embarrassing story for the day.

I hope you’re all happy.

8 Likes

Happened to me too many times for me.

4 Likes

My problem is that I instinctively use the biggest and most complicated word for something that I know.
I don’t just do it to feel smart, it just happens.
Because of this I always have to explain what I’m saying to others, even my best friend (which is sad because his nickname is “Encyclopedia”)

6 Likes

A thing I just realized/remembered: when buying/choosing something I tend to take the thing that stands out/is out of place/alone. Like if there is accidentally a Sprite in with a bunch of Cokes I will buy that Sprite.

I recall finding my Republic Gunship among a bunch of Friends sets. It was meant to be.

4 Likes

I guess you could say you and the Republic Gunship are Friends get it?! God d***** Barbara.

7 Likes

Err, might wanna censor that.

1 Like

Reviving this topic with another list of five Vuhii-Quirks.

1: Out of every person I know, I’m most annoyed by myself, simply because I know the most about me.

2: I can mimic an accent fairly easily, and I generally can take hard-to-pronounce words from another language and find a way to pronounce them easier. This would come in handy if I saw a point in learning another language.

3: Writing endings has been the bane of my existence as a writer since fifth grade.

4: Other people I know use speakers on their computers, and I wonder why on earth they would subject themselves to such torture. I’ve used headphones for a while and it’s probably been my best choice I’ve made technology-wise.

5: I like the sci-fi genre much more than the fantasy genre.

5 Likes

All the way man

2 Likes

See, for me it’s beginnings. I can’t begin a story to save my BIONICLEs.

2 Likes

What in the world? I’m not the only person like this!

I talk to myself as if I’m talking to an audience (When I was little, I convinced myself my life was a movie, and I’ve been this way since) Thus, I hardly ever get bored.

I do random things for no reason. I decided long ago that if 99% of people do something one way, I’ll be the one percent that doesn’t. And I decided to do things for no reason. Like the time I launched into a tirade about how horrible TTV is (and I really like TTV), or the time I launched into a tirade about how listening to what I was saying was entirely pointless (see my post on the Official Nonsense Topic for further details).

I randomly start dancing, or doing Karate.

(BTW: My Karate teacher is weirder than any other person on earth, I’m sure of it)

I must eat my food in order.

Even my body is weird. I.e. I have no enamel on my teeth, and a poor sense of smell.

The oddest things bug me. Like some commercials, or the fact that the Lowest Common Multiple is called the Least Common Multiple. And our number system.

I occasionally wrote my name on papers in school upside-down and backwards. At the same time. And on Math papers, it was my name “plus 1/2”.

I have an obsession with spoonerism, and other methods of thaying sings incorrectly.

I consider doing calculations in base 7 in my head fun.

I wear my watch on my right wrist, despite being right-handed.

I occasionally make Naruto hand signs when I’m not paying attention to my hands.

I make up weird songs sometimes.

I could maybe go on all day.

I hate it when people know what I’m going to do, or be like. Especially if I don’t. I strive for unpredictability.

3 Likes

Do all these things. Sometimes, I talk to myself when thinking about something: I think back to a certain event, usually a conversation of some type in which I spoke normally, and say something abstract but cool (usually in an accent of some kind) that would have been a reply or a comment of some kind.

1 Like

I do, too!

(Do parodies count?)

1 Like

Have I said I can wiggle my ears yet?

3 Likes

same m8

Same m8

I sway side-to-side without realizing it when I am anxious/unsure/nervous/etc…

2 Likes

i put all my weight on one foot all the time without relising it.

1 Like

Wait, that’s not normal?

3 Likes