Generation 2 Region Names?

Hi everyone. As you may know, the second graphic novel of G2 featured these mysterious words with the statues of the ancient Protectors.

• Protector of Jungle: Jagiri = Agarak
  • Protector of Ice: Buzkayo = Uganu
  • Protector of Water: Bumonda = Owaki
  • Protector of Earth: Droton = Etoku
  • Protector of Stone: Rokreng = Kerato
  • Protector of Fire: Flammik = Mamuk

The names on the far right are the names of the Protectors at the time of Makuta’s betrayal.

Another interesting note is that Pohatu then says, “Nilkuu, Protector of Stone, told me that the Protectors’ elemental armor has been passed down through many generations. These statues honor the ancient Protectors from thousands of years ago!

My first thought that they were village names, but we know there are multiple villages per region. Based on what Pohatu says, I think one of these two options could be true:

1. They are the names of the Regions of Okoto.
  2. They are the names of the Protectors that preceded the Protectors at the time of Makuta’s betrayal.

What do you guys think these words/phrases mean?

3 Likes

I mean, they could also be the villages that those protectors specifically came from? There are a lot of possibilities. All very interesting.

2 Likes

I hadn’t really considered that, but it does make sense. In the map at the back of the graphic novel, they specifically note the location of the Protector’s specific villages.

2 Likes

It is kind of insane just how much Ryder Windham gave to G2.

2 Likes

Ryder Windham and Merlin Mann certainly gave their all. I am incredibly grateful for their contributions. :slight_smile:

1 Like