Geocaching

A topic to talk about geocaching. What is the coolest thing you found in a cache? What experiences have you had both good and bad? How did you first get involved?

3 Likes

My friend and I wanted to go Geocaching at a German festival down by the Springs but it turned out that the geocache was out of the parkā€™s area and so we couldnā€™t go

So, what exactly is a geocache?

From what iā€™ve heard, itā€™s like finding video game easter eggs in real life

Pretty much what I was going to say :stuck_out_tongue:
I assume itā€™s rocks?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted to go geocaching, but havenā€™t found the time to do it.

Well I assume this involves going outside and into nature, yeah no thanks, nature ahtes meā€¦

4 Likes

Havenā€™t gone geocaching in a while.

Honestly havenā€™t found much too weird either.

It can be really disappointing if the geocache has been stolen or moved from the location it was supposed to be.

1 Like

One time our scout troop (me, really) found a metal box behind a tree during a rainy campout. I grabbed it and opened it up, and we found out it was a geocache. This wasnā€™t a traditional geocache, though. The person who found it was supposed to take an item out, put another item in it, and then hide it elsewhere. There was also an included notepad so you could write about how you found it. Seeing how it was raining, we didnā€™t write anything, but we saw entries dating back to 2005.

1 Like

That sounds cool but it may not have been a real geocache since you need to hide it in a different place everytime