Gift With Purchase Style Lewa Contest Entry: The Nui-Rama (And something else...)

This is my entry for the TTV GWP style contest hosted by @StarBreaker , the Nui-Rama from the first year of Bionicle stylized into GWPs!

2001 Box Art

Alternative Pose (MNOG backdrop)

Alternative Pose (Scale Demonstration)

Stud.Io file+Bricklink Wanted Lists: Nui Rama GWP - Google Drive

And here’s the little surprise: Using only the pieces from this model, you can create the Nui-Kopen!

Also, if you were curious, yes, the models are all 100% color purist, all these parts exist in these colors.

Update: Instructions completed! Build to your hearts content!~
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bpgFcGUmcEe0IbpaBm1_qBqCnykY8B8J?usp=sharing

(Another P.S. I just now realized not all the parts are available in certain colors; I will update the studio file to make it 100% purist, my apologies. Changes: 92690 is now pearl dark grey, 2x 86876 now replaced with 1x 17485 with dark grey 89678s on either side, all lime and orange 35480s replaced with lime and orange 3023s)

Leave a like if you like this build, and please share your thoughts!

Play well!! :slight_smile:

44 Likes

oh wow
i love the combo model!
this looks great!

4 Likes

Marvelous work!

5 Likes

Fits so well with the bionicle concept: create new creatures with the parts of the ones you already have !
Now I want to see this fusion in OG set form ! ^^

5 Likes

How? They looks awesome!
I guess they can’t flap their wings like the original model.

4 Likes

They kind of can! the wings are connected on 32828 bits, so they can move forward and back, but it does look a little weird

@WorldTraveller Nui-Kopen is actually an official combo model of the original Nui-Rama! It’s a really fun build if you have the sets :slight_smile:

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST! - Spiderus Prime

5 Likes

Outstanding!! I’ve always had nostalgic attachments to the Nui-Rama set as it was the only one of the 2001 Rahi I had as kid, and you absolutely nailed the look of it to a T!

I especially love how the eyes are still made of the GWP style head and that you went so far as to make a combo model as if it was a real set. If you ever release the Studio file or instructions I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Best of luck!

4 Likes

Stud.Io model is in the post! Boards don’t allow the direct file so I linked a doc with the file in it :slight_smile: also currently working on instructions!

4 Likes

I had to look this set up, these are cool

4 Likes

ooh i love this build! its all really well made and looks great! i love the combo model especially, absolutely amazing! good luck to you man!

4 Likes

Don’t have the real pieces, but I have stud.io tought ~

3 Likes

They look even more insecty than the original set.

2 Likes