Glatorian Recluse: Surel (Legendary Edition)

Today I present my next canon based MOC to add to the collection!
The Glatorian Recluse: Surel!

Showcase Video >

Instructions, Studio File, BL XML >

< Previous MOC Next MOC >

Based off Surel’s two appearances seen through the “KanohiJournal” art contests, first drawn by member “Vastolorde”, and another art piece that features Surel, from the KanohJournal’s “Ironwolf contest”, drawn by reader “Toa Kinliku”.

I decided to heavily base my MOC off the original piece as to represent Vastolorde’s original design as much as possible. Taking small tidbits from Kinliku’s rendition of the character.

The MOC features full articulation (inika standard), Surel’s walking stick and small dagger as accessories. He also features a game dial and an extended cape to complete the look.

I made him to scale with the standard Inika builds we saw with the Glatorian, so he fits in very well with the Agori from his main appearance in story.

Imgur
Imgur

This build is technically a purest build, and does not require the use of paint or custom parts outside the helmet.

For the helmet, I used Galva’s. As at the time I was making this MOC, there weren’t any other available (that I know of). Later though, I did find another on Thingiverse by @Rothanak, both look different. Galva’s looking like Kinliku’s take, while Rothanak’s looks more akin to the original design.

Note: Rothanak’s helmet model has not been physically tested, as of this posting (unless he says otherwise).

If you want to see more, I’ll direct you to the Showcase video linked at the top of this post, where I have many more photos there.

Thank you for taking a look at my MOC.
Sincerely
Legend (TLR)

44 Likes

Great recreation of surel!

2 Likes

Very accurate especially the cape. The wolf looks really great as well.

3 Likes

Very nice, especially the cape. I like this version.

2 Likes

Absolutly amazing.With his cape he looks like a crazy old person!

2 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t seen it tested, but maybe someone has and hasn’t told me

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to do this for a while myself, and this is pretty much how I would have pictured him physically. Great work!

1 Like

listen here kiddos, you stay off my lawn!

6 Likes

This would have been better if he held Nepol’s staff from Galidor.

2 Likes

While the build is rather simple, it’s incredibly accurate to the original artwork!

3 Likes

Not like a huge amount of people bought those sets but I do think that staff would have been less accurate to the artwork.

1 Like