Good comic characters that went down hill

That’s really the only one I like still the other are pretty bad.

@tak210 Two words, mate: Rocket Raccoon.
That stuff is the ■■■■.

For me, Marvel has really stepped up their game since All New Marvel Now(Except the X-books)
All New Ghost Rider, Ms Marvel, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Silver Surfer and much more have been really good and much better than 2007-2010 marvel.

@Risebell, really happy Logan’s dead…for now
@Dorkpool, only good deadpool book currently is his main title IMO
@frodobell, I could not get into Inhuman it just seems like an X-men ripoff since marvel’s acting petty over movie rights. Rocket Raccoons pretty funny. Love Scotty young’s art

1 Like

See I’m a long time marvel fan that values the characters and what the when through and in the last 2 years they threw it all away to add diversity to the cast. Like having the falcon as cap, why is that? Cap is Steve Rogers, Falcon’s his own character.
Why not just make a new black character for a lead role instead of ruin cap and falcon? It doesn’t make since, marvels going into a state were they want to do the trendy thing and that’s not good.
(And if anyone things I don’t like falcon as cap because he’s black or any other racial issue that’s not the problem, it’s destroying the characters that bugs me.)
And with spidey in the ultimates, replacing him with miles made me lose all interest in that universe completely. Spidey is Peter Parker and not the other characters they’ve brought in as spidey.
Marvel used to be all about the characters not the superhero mantle and it’s just sad to see that go so fast. Sorry for the rant btw, I’ll answer why I don’t like them anymore if you pm me so that way I don’t cloud up this topic.

1 Like

I may not agree with you, but I can totally understand why you dont like pre-existing characters taking up a mantle instead of new ones.

I dont like the idea of a new Captain America, Nova, Ms.Marvel, Ghost Rider or Spider-man, but i’ll give Marvel the credit by saying out of all the bad things that could’ve come out of those decisions they made the best choice. Are they more interesting than the original? Some like Robbie Reyes, Kamala Khan and Miles Morales are, but the rest are really unnecessary.

1 Like

The problem I really have is marvel trying to stay racially diverse but replacing white characters with other races, like just make a new character like they did with Luke cage back when he was powerman. Like I’m not white! And this bugs the crap outta me, it’s just the company trying to get more money through pulling out the race card.

And I don’t like miles, his personality isn’t for spider-man. His powers are cool (like the spider sting) but he doesn’t quite fit the spidey motif.

1 Like

I think they’re afraid if they make new characters, they would end up like DC’s Baz

AKA Unloved and Forgotten, a mistake that was hyped
RIP in pieces Baz, no one remembers you but I

See that screams bad character, the design is god awful and he looks like gangster lantern.

2 Likes

Worse is, the book opens up on this clearly Muslim character being pursued by the cops in a van that has a bomb in it with Baz holding a gun.
Only for him to be captured and arrested, later getting a ring and when he comes back being bullied into the JLA because he ran from the cops etc.

They did everything wrong with Baz, and Marvel even if I dont get the hype for Ms.Marvel, got everything right with kamala. She’s just a normal teen girl that everyone can relate to but is Muslim which is great.

Guess what Im trying to say is, you can’t blame Marvel for not having balls since they saw how bad DC messed up(Baz, Pandora, Talon)

3 Likes

Well marvel did have the first gay wedding which was a huge step for them which didn’t seemed too forced and worked unlike some of the other decisions they’ve done.

2 Likes

Yup, then the book got canned and Northstar hasnt been seen since(Except for Amazing X-men)

DC’s Alan Scott being gay was hyped so much and didnt have an affect on the landscape except for making Obsidian and Jade not being his kids. Funny enough Obsidian was gay.

Why am I not aware of this…?

1 Like

Because it didn’t affect anything except his dead boyfriend becoming the element of air. Only for him to die again 5 issues later

2 Likes

Lewa?

/s

2 Likes

Earth 2 elementals are basically G1 Toa with pallet swaps lul

1 Like

ugh, don’t remind me. I hated One More Day. I only wish “Renew Your Vows” would stick…

I like Batgirl of Burnside. I realize that it doesn’t work with current canon, but I feel that it’s the most relevant “do-over” of a modern comic character done in a long while. Batgirl feels like someone I want to read, the art is great, and the overall comic design (integration with Barbera’s memory and with the technology interfaces) I really enjoy.

I’d daresay that Marvel has done the best with Secret Wars, moreso than anything they’ve done in history. The only downside was Axis. That was a mess.

I don’t actually think that with Captain America. I think Falcon becoming Captain America when Steve isn’t able to be makes a lot of sense. Kamala Kahn I also really like.

What stands out to me, though, is female Thor and gay Iceman. Those are very obviously pandering, and I feel like their trait is the main focus of their story and identity.

5 Likes

I saw that recently.

That plotline feels forced and out-of-nowhere to me.

2 Likes

That’s cause it was. Thor became unworthy after original sin, it was stupid, really stupid.

You know, even if I dont like the idea of a female Thor,
the book is really good, and Jason Aaron has been building up to this since he started his Thor run.