Good Guy, Toa of The People

Now that the final batch of parts has arrived I can at last post my most recent project-- Good Guy, second in command of the Toa Nalduk.

Here he is compared to his OG self

Scale comparison with my Mata body type-- Kopaka here is just an upgraded version of a MOC I posted on here a while back, so I’m holding off until I pick up the parts for another Mata before posting a full thread on the body type

And finally here he is with what I’ve built so far of Kapann, the leader of his toa team (The Toa Nalduk). I’m planning on ordering the last of her parts tomorrow, all being well, along with the parts for a couple other members of the team whose masks I already have on hand.

EDIT: If anyone knows how to rotate the images that showed up in landscape I would be ever so grateful.

50 Likes

I really like how this MOC keeps Good Guy’s Color scheme and overall aesthetic… Good Job!

2 Likes

Good now I want to see his arch nemesis, the evil, powerful bad guy

3 Likes

Well, since you asked…

Piraka head isn’t in stud.io yet, so the current noggin is just a stand-in. I plan on getting his parts Eventually, but the rest of Good Guy’s team takes priority.

21 Likes

Wonderful, honestly, I think I prefer the bad guy, he has a more unique and unconventional build. But both are fantastic!

2 Likes

Finally, a worthy opponent! Our battle will be legendary!

4 Likes

yeah, bad guy took a couple passes but his current build is one I’m super satisfied with-- even if he is like 60% torsos by volume. (Inika torso stacked on top of a vahki torso on top of a hordika torso with a mctoran torso slapped on the front.)

Actually as another bonus, here’s my first pass at him:

There’s still stuff I like about this version, and a couple details that arguably came out better than the mark 2, but overall I DEFINITELY prefer the redesign a few posts back.

8 Likes

Yeah I would agree, I think the mata nui claws on top of pohatu claws is a little messy, but I do prefer the spikes on the first pass.

2 Likes

yeah, it’s not clear from this angle but there’s a sort of CCBS take on a piraka spine on his back that those kinda feed into. As much as I kinda wish that was on the redo, I feel like the new design wouldn’t really suit it.

1 Like

again, agreed

2 Likes

I like how the add-ons on his spear look like a natural extension of the spear piece’s shape. Nice job.

2 Likes

Goregous… 8/10

2 Likes