Gorast, Mistress of the Acid Falls

Really like what you did with a pre-Karda Nui Gorast. I really like the kraata holding shoulder guards, very creative. The only thing I would consider changing are the feet, they look a little too mutated to me, but they still work. Great job!

1 Like

This MOC is amazing!

Best use of those weird egg pieces from HF. Nice moc.

2 Likes

this moc is so cool. 10/10 there really any thing to complain about here.

1 Like

Hey- I was interested in the Cyclic Plane AU and I was wondering if you had an overview of the organizations and structures relating to the weave. I’ve already puzzled out the Weave from your post on deviantart, so I wanted to know about the rest of the stuff.

I’m afraid I don’t at the moment. I’ve been thinking about writing something up for a while and maybe this might shed some light on things…

As far as the Matoran Universe segment goes, Korrothis is the single highest authority on the Weave, and co-ordinates almost all of the smaller organisations that have anything to do with it - mainly toa teams, city temples and isolated enclaves.

The Spherus Magna segment is pretty much the same - Korrothis lands in the desert and the city of Bazryghan grows around it. Then Korrothis takes off into space and the War of the Weave happens and a second elemental council forms in Bota Magna in defiance of the one in Bazryghan, which then takes over the first council and becomes the Church of Elements for the Matoran Empire. Other countries on Spherus Magna don’t recognise its authority and have their own practices.

As for the Tempesta Magna segment, Korrothis forms the core for it once again up until Gringat’s murder and the island becoming lost somewhere on Tempesta Magna’ surface under miles of ice. Weavism still remains important for the Akonians in the system, but there’s no longer a centralised authority. Smaller moons each have their own versions of it and the capital, Polis Minor, has more than 50 competing organisations. The immortal rulers appointed by Ezru sometimes impose something, sometimes not. The weave isn’t kept in balance in this part of the storyline, which is where a lot of problems stem from.

Wow… that’s a lot of stuff. thanks!
I also made a Diagram of the Weave, which I thought you might like to see:

Hopefully I didn’t mess too much up!

That looks epic, buut… all the elements are the wrong way around DX
The arcs are lined up right, but you want to have the elements as so:

Outside the wheel: Light, Shadow, Time

Outermost Ring/Energy Elements

Main ring/Standard elements/The Big Six

Inner Ring/Living Elements.

The Hub/Aspects of Creation.

So for example if you took the horizontal bit, from left to right it would go: Light/Lightning/Fire/Spirit/Dance/Creation/Thought/Psionics/Ice/Void/Shadow

I like your addition of extra bits to the Aspects of Creation though! They work well.
But yeah, the point is the closer to the centre of the circle you are, the more balanced you, the world or anything else to do with the Weave is. Elements at the edge of the wheel are far more powerful and destructive, while those at the centre require good inner balance to control.

Oh, okay, okay, I can fix this. So, the outer ring goes in the middle, and the middle two rings move outward one, am I right? And the life ring would take the place of the ring surrounding the core elements?

Basically, yep!

Whew, finally. Here is what I hope is a better new version.

1 Like

Neeeearly… the Aspects are still in the wrong place. D:
They should be in the very centre. Creation is literally split up into those six. That said it does get really cramped in there so maybe it might make a seperate wheel at the bottom just for the Aspects?

So… maybe I could just erase the creation circle in the middle then? :sweat_smile:

Maybe… Thing is Creation is still a thing, it’s just broken up into the six Aspects. All together, they are Creation. Same as all together, the inner elements are Life.

Yeah, just the circle is erased, and creation is still there

Alrighty

Reposting lost imagines

BoM Collab Version

Cyclic Plane Version

15 Likes

Your MOC inspired my own Gorast MOC: I took heavy inspiration from your arm designs and torso shape… I had the mask painted to match the '08 Felnas color scheme too. Your MOC is very well done–I really do appreciate your creativity, and hope to see more of your MOCs

3 Likes

darn shame i cant see it

Images were reposted a little further up and are still working

1 Like