Gorast, Mistress of the Acid Falls

“Gorast is a fierce warrior, but once you have finished discussing dismemberment, slaughter, carnage, and decapitation, she has nothing much left to say.”
— Makuta Mutran, The Mutran Chronicles

Name: Gorast
Assigned Region: Tren Krom Peninsula
Kanohi: Felnas, Great Mask of Elemental Disruption

A part of the Brotherhood of Makuta Community MOC Project

A MOC of mine from a few months back, recommended for the project by @PakariNation99 . While the MOC originally depicted Gorast as she appears in the Cyclic Plane alternate universe in which all of my storylines take place, she’s been modified a bit here (literally just a bit of colour swapping) to look more as I’d imagine an unmutated Gorast to look.

Gorast is evil and crazy and loving scaring folks and dismembering them in inventive ways (basically the Bellatrix LeStrange of Bionicle), so I figured her appearance would be pretty intimidating and monstrous. Remembering she probably made rahi like the others, she and other makuta do tend to have some animal-like traits even when not mutated by alien spooge.

The shoulders can both hold kraata inside :3

The Cyclic Plane Version

The Cyclic Plane is the name for the alternate universe in which my storyline(s) take place. The Great Beings were once humans from Earth, colonised the Drakus System and worked on projects there before moving on to work on the Solis Magna System, and invented protodermis themselves.

In this reality, Mata-Nui not only fostered the formation of the Brotherhood of Makuta to manage rahi species, but also the Brotherhood of Elements (better known as the Brotherhood of Korrothis after their island) to manage the balance of elemental forces in the Matoran Universe.

The Island of Korrothis is located between the Northern Continent and Stelt and is described as being permanently lit by Mata-Nui’s heartlight. Because of its location near Gorast’s home turf, and the fact that Gorast is a crazy pscho murderer with a mask that can undo the very balance the Korrotheans hold sacred, she is one of their worst enemies. Even moreso after Teridax’s takeover - to the extent that Gringat uprooted the island in order to evade her.

Earlier in the MU’s history, Gorast murdered an Archon of Water, took her mace, shield and armour and corrupted them with Shadow energy.

Because of the way the elements work and react in the Cyclic Plane, the items gained powers related to Acid. Gorast would carry them with a sick, smug pride whenever dealing with the people of Korrothis. While she may not be strong enough to take on the Elemental Council, she had killed one of their own.

Gorast is also a menace for the island of Poliaz, located between the Tren Krom Peninsula and the Southern Continent. Gorast had a bone to pick with them thanks to the politics of the place - it had once been a part of the Tren Krom Peninsula until the first Onu-Nui of Korrothis broke it away.

Gorast did not care that she came to rule the Tren Krom Peninsula long after the island had broken away, or that another makuta named Raximoras oversaw it - Raximoras was weak-willed and bore a dangerous infatuation for her, which she twisted to her advantage whenever she saw fit.

Gorast originally had a toa team assigned to her (as most makuta did) which abandoned her and defied her after realising how twisted she was. She killed all but one of them with her mask. A toa of Stone called Tolovan escaped to Korrothis.

Tolovan would go on to take on powers of Lithium using the Soulforge on Korrothis and one day turned up on Poliaz alongside a young toa of lightning, professing to be its guardian. This made Poliaz an irresistible target for her, though she was unable to do anything too extreme without getting in trouble with Teridax. Raximoras’ weapons expertise was of great value to the order, and he still called the island his home.

After the Great Cataclysm and Teridax’s apparent disappearance, Gorast finally got her way and razed the island of Poliaz to the ground, butchering its matoran and looting its vaults of treasures and rare masks. Raximoras was quickly persuaded to let it slide once Gorast offered him a place at her side…

Despite the added bits and differences and extra islands, Gorast’s storyline still pans out in the same way as it does in the official storyline. She would later be dispatched to Karda Nui and perish in the Energy Storms. All part of the Plan…

52 Likes

There isn’t much to complain about here. Good job.

1 Like

I was wondering when you were gonna post this…

She’s great, and I mean really great. I love the use of the pod pieces from IfB, and the fact that they hold Kraata is an awesome bonus! I can see the affinity between the Breez helmet and the Felnas (though I personally think the set Felnas could be both the mutated and unmutated form), and I love the subtly feminine build, which is really hard to pull off. The weapons are amazing (where did you get that SHIELD O_o???) and the cape and horn/tendrils are cool touches that really round off this MOC nicely.

Great job…an awesome addition to the BoM project!

3 Likes

@Toa_Heatwave
Ewwwww, set Felnas.
Well… I don’t know. I greatly prefer the breez mask (I think I started planning this MOC when HF first came out tbh!) and it lacks the stinger. I didn’t really want to cut off the stinger from the official mask. Plus it’s so boxy, and hollow… egh.

The parts for the shield are from here and here!

1 Like

Yeah, I get that…it’s rather annoying that the canonical unmutated Felnas is just the set form without the stinger, and the Breez mask does have a certain…elegance to it. It definitely fits better on this MOC, so it was a great choice all around!

Looks very awesome. one of my favorite MOCs of yours.

Love the insectoid appearance of the MOC, really suits Gorast.

1 Like

Sweet baby cheeses this is a good moc!

1 Like
  1. awesome mask
  2. solid colors
  3. detailed without being cluttered

… I wish I could MOC like this…

Also, I know there’s a topic somewhere on how to do a ‘proper’ female MOC. See Gorast.

Heh, I remember the first time I saw this. My comments have some disturbing implications. @Gringat, I know a lot of boards members are seeing these MOCs for the first time, but as someone that archive binged on your MOCs a while back, do you have any new material in store for us?

@Scorpion_Strike

Eh, to be honest I think Gorast is a little too busty to be a good example :wink:
It makes sense for her since it’s all about her keeping appearances up, but most female toa are going to be a bit more subdued.

Then there’s the issue I have with this new shoulder connection, same as Tynne. Got around it a bit by having some of the arm above the joint, but it does mean she can’t reach out to the side.

@Hawkflight

Yep! Quite a lot, actually! Everyone’s already seen my newest toa, Atar, which is actually my first MOC posted on the boards and was put here before he went up on other sites, actually!
There are other MOCs to come, but I’m not uploading them just yet because:

1. I’m posting some older stuff first to get people familiar with my stuff
  2. I’m actually rewriting a lot of updated descriptions and lore
  3. the pictures were all taken in a hurry with bad lighting and touching them up is taking ages D:

@Toa_Onepu

2 Likes

Love this! Keeps Gorast’s spiky look with out overdoing it, and still manages to use some of the same parts. It truly does look like a pre-mutation Gorast. Glad you didn’t use the Felnas, too.

Also, great use of metallic blue. I’ve got four of those feet that are just begging to be used for something.

2 Likes

Haha, yes, I love this MOC! It’s absolutely perfect, and I feel like the mask is perfect! Good thing you did this, I recommended this MOC to be the Gorast of the Brotherhood Project, but it had to be on the Boards, so good thing you posted it!

1 Like

Lollious.

This is praiseworthy.
However if I were to make one complaint, it would be the mata foot in the chest. I feel as though a black or green one would look better, but that is preference.

But she does have a black one.

Herp derp. I can’t see with the lighting. This is what I get for trying to criticize stuff.
Still would be cool in green.

If only Lego released those foot parts in lime… :frowning:

1 Like

Hero Factory mask??? How dare you tarnish the image of bionicle with this

Seriously this is really cool, love the MoC

2 Likes