Gravity Hurts Retro Remix Contest!

Oh no I done did it, I opened up a new contest. As I specified in the latest TTV video below, I am personally hosting a cover contest to see what you guys can do with the instrumental to the latest High Affinity release, Gravity Hurts Retro Remix.

Here is a link to the instrumental on soundcloud:

You are allowed to record your own vocals over the song to create your own version of the cover. If you want, you can even create your own cover from scratch if you have the means to do it.

Either way, I’d love to see how the community can have fun with the song, whether it’s with my version or the original.

The winner will be chosen by three judges- Kini, myself, and one other TTV host yet to be confirmed. We will accept submissions here in this thread until July 7, 2020. Afterwards, we will either record a video or do a livestream detailing how we pick the winner.

The winner will receive either a Toa Mata of their choosing, or a custom MOC designed by me. Or something else that I can think of. I don’t know. I’m playing this by ear.

Have fun!

26 Likes

So is Bendyryx gonna win this one too?

…actually, I think I might just try and enter this one…I’m having some very evil ideas…

EDIT: To add to Duckie’s question below, can we use vocals from another source besides our own?

EDIT: @EmperorDuckie I will make more posts when I want to, ■■■■ it!

7 Likes

I’m a little confused… it’s either sing or totally recreate? Or can we play instruments over it?
EDIT:

You didn’t need to make an edit for that, haha. As long as someone posts after you before you post again it’s not double posting

2 Likes

It must be a vocal cover, one way or another. And it must be YOUR vocals.

1 Like

Would the MOC be sent to the winner physically, if that’s the selected prize?

Me after accepting the fact I can’t drum cover it image

4 Likes

I’m right with you there.

Sad drummer noises.

I’d be interested in seeing other people’s entries though! I can’t sing to save my life.

5 Likes

you know what

go ahead and do it

and yes, the MOC would be sent to the winner :smiley:

4 Likes

Hahah awesome idk if I will due to lack of recording equipment

2 Likes

Am I really going to horribly embarrass myself for a sweet bionicle, even though the only singing experience I have is from a single year of high school chorus that got cut in half by quarantine?

The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

But nah I’ll probably sit this one out :laughing: I am excited to see the results though!

3 Likes

You know what, let’s do it. I’ll give Duran Duran a run for their money.

2 Likes

Want to clear a few things before I go too far in the wrong direction:

does it have to be the lyrics to Gravity Hurts (transposed into common time)? Or can I write some original lyrics?

And am I allowed to do some edits or add additional instruments to the original track, provided it’s there in some capacity?

2 Likes

Now this is a bop.

2 Likes

do whatever you want to it

3 Likes

do the vocals have to be unedited

3 Likes

nah you can modify them if you want

2 Likes

@Ven Could we get an extension to the deadline by at least another day? I was going to record today but the weather decided it would be a good time to have a thunderstorm.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no extensions for this one. :frowning: Sorry buddy.

1 Like

I’ll be editing as fast as I can then.

1 Like

Entry:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkpgk-fkkc)

I’m curious of what you think of it. XP

1 Like