Grief Topic

I’ve had a lot of grief in my life, my parents’ divorce, my cat Missy passing, my classmate moving on to the next life, and now, I come up on another loss. My 20 year-old cat, Syd, is sick. The last three days she’s been exhibiting odd behavior, and today we found her sleeping in her catbox, too weak to move. It all happened so suddenly, and as I write this my father is taking her in to the vet. I know what they’ll say, and I know I’m not the only one to go through grief like this. I wanted to create a topic where people can discuss the grief in their lives, not necessarily to get sympathy, but to help let it out, and maybe help people realize they aren’t alone. So, my grief is on the table, what about the grief in your lives?

5 Likes

Fallout 3 won’t work on my computer. :’(

11 Likes

GG Chronicler…

2 Likes

I’m seriously bummed out about this. My grandpa gave it to me and my dad as a gift.

4 Likes

Grief comes in many forms, and it all hurts.

5 Likes

Yeah, sorry. IDK, I feel grief about a lot of things. I always feel like I let people down and am just a burden. The feeling that someone’s disappointed in me or annoyed hits me harder than anything…

2 Likes

I know that feeling. I’ll accept a bad grade for an essay, but if a group project gets a bad grade, whether it’s my fault or not I’ll feel like I should’ve done more.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do the same thing! And occasionally on a normal one!

From the looks of it, I have noted for a while now that my fish has been acting… Rather odd recently! He has a mangled back fin and we don’t know why, and, because of this, it grows harder for him to reach the surface. This is what he looks like

4 Likes

I remember several years ago my dog got bit on the side of his body by a German Shepherd, luckily the injury wasn’t fatal and he’s still alive today.

Also receiving a BIONICLE set with missing parts makes me wanna shout in agony to the heavens.

4 Likes

That is a pain I would not be able to easily bear. It’s like getting Hahli Mahri, and having all the joints break as you’re building her, and never being able to see the finished build.

3 Likes

I can’t draw properly

4 Likes

Neither can I

In all seriousness it’s amusing to see how this topic seems to be jumping quickly from very serious griefs to pet peeves that comparably mean almost nothing.

I don’t “grieve” about a lot of things, per se. Probably because nearly all the “problems” in my life are things that I believe can be fixed. :wink:

5 Likes

I got a serious greif I got over, though It’s still fresh in my mind. I’m hesitant to share

1 Like

Gali 2016 didn’t turn out the way I thought she would.

In fact, I don’t like the look of the set at all. :frowning:

3 Likes

Being pressured into breaking up with your long-time girlfriend by your closest friends.:unamused:

1 Like

It might be the plants in the tank. If there plastic a fish can hurt his fins on them.

3 Likes

My English teacher is retiring mid-year.
One of the best teachers I ever had.

2 Likes

All my best teachers have been English teachers. That sucks, man.

When I had to move to China right after I had everything start to go my way in the place we had just moved to… Seriously, I started having good friends, we had a pool built, we got a ton of great stuff, I knew more people… and then that was all torn away. Right when it was actually not bad anymore.

1 Like

As a member of a military family, I understand the pain of moving away from the people you care about. Hopefully you’ll never have to move away from our little community here at TTV, right?

3 Likes